Is this good for a beginner? Week 1?

mhbb2

Is this good for a beginner? Week 1?

Background: Never lifted before and I'm 5'9 240lbs

Week 1
Focus more on technique and form, 3-4 rep reserves (Renaissance Periodization said this that I need something in reserve)

5 day split
PPLxArnold but no legs
Almost all of this are just 2 sets and I don't need to go hard too much since I need to perfect the technique and form first

Q
Mon: Push

Flat Bench
, Incline Bench
, Overhead Press
, Lateral Raises
, Tricep Pushdowns

Tues: Pull

Barbell Rows
, Lat Pullovers
, Standard Curls
, Hammer Curls
, Shrugs

Wed:Legs

, Barbell Squat
, Romanian Deadlifts
, Goblet squats
, Calf Raises

Thur:Rest

Fri: Arms and Shoulder

Overhead Press
, Lateral Raises
, Standard Curls
, Hammer Curls
, Single Arm Tricep Extension

Sat: Chest and Back
Deadlift
, Incline Bench
, Barbell Rows
, Lat Pullovers

Sun: Rest

@mhbb2 The fact that you know who Renaissance Periodization is without even having started working out shows how much you're overthinking it. Stop procrastinating, everything works when you're a beginner.... Being hungry for knowledge is a good thing, but consuming content and not training will never get you jacked. And this is coming from a big nerd who has watched about 1000+ informative videos on fitness the past 3 years

Nevertheless this plan looks pretty solid so get up your ass and start applying it, not on Monday, TODAY

@hellothere123 I started this friday or thursday (in american time). The DOMS hit me hard asf. And can you help me to differentiate if this pain I'm feeling is elbow or tricep pain. I can't find online sources that differentiate the two

The pain sits slightly above the bone elbow

@mhbb2 it's probably tricep, don't worry. You're a beginner, which means that you're probably not strong enough to hurt yourself just yet. However, be careful not to overdo it. I recommend starting with really light weights and linearly progressing by adding a little bit of weight every week (the smallest amount possible). Focus on learning proper technique in every important lift over anything else. Over time, your strength and proficiency in those lifts and your muscle mass will increase dramatically.

@mhbb2 Yes very good plan. Also add a bit of cardio in somewhere. Remember the biggest difference will come from your diet, so make sure it aligns with whatever your goal is.

Back