Can you make good gains with like 6-7 hours of sleep as a beginner?

@wishwish55 You can, but it will definitely be slower than it could be, and will make progression much more difficult later on. To max out gains with this unfortunate sleep situation, just be as consistent as possible with what sleep you have, eat plenty of protein, train hard, and have a good time. Personally I wouldn't be in a calorie deficit either, but your goals may be different.

@wishwish55 I'm not buyimg the 7-9 hour for everyome. I'm no scientist, but feel quality of sleep is more important than hours. I generally feel fine at 6 hours. I do get to sleep very fast (withijg 5 minutes), and rarely get up durong the evening, so thaf 6 houea is consistently all sleep, np tossong, or breaks durong the night.

@wishwish55 Sleep is really important. A few years ago I was sleeping for only 5 hours and not only did my gains diminish but my mental and physical health suffered as well. Despite that you can still make some significant gains, trust me. I know this from my own experience.

@wishwish55 I'm torn between my desire to not discourage people to ask questions, and my desire to tell the op they are a teenager and to stop thinking they will get any real "gainz" without a few years of consistent training, and that "optimal" sleep is does not mean anything else is a waste of time.

Really wish there was a way to filter questions like these from teenagers.

Back