Is water fasting for 7 days basically a calorie deficit?

@csaliba DO NOT DO THAT. Jesus 7 days is not good for you, no matter what the internet says.

As others have said, you need to be consistent with a calories deficit. There is no “lose fat quick” drug, exercise, or hack. However if you’re consistent you’ll lose it quicker than you think. When I’m consistent I see changes in my body every 5-7 days.

@csaliba It is. But the main thing with dieting or bulking is you need to be consistent. Sure you will lose weight if you don’t eat at all but you can’t sustain that for long. You will also loose a ton of muscle this way. It is better to be in a smaller calorie deficit you can sustain for longer than don’t eat for a week and then eat like shit agin.

@ashbro I usually eat a lot of carbs like bread, tortillas, ground beef and pasta noodles

what should i eat to substitute these things and avoid being hangry/dizzy?

@csaliba You have to start tracking your macros. There are tons of apps for it. You have a set amount of calories you need per day to just live and stay the same weight. You need to eat less than that to start loosing the weight. If the deficit is smaller and you exercise it will be just fat, if it is bigger it will be muscle too. The body will basically dissemble the fat or muscle(or both) to get the energy it needs. That’s how you get rid of the fat.

https://tdeecalculator.net/ use this to learn how much you need per day and then eat around 500 calorie less than that.

Now the main 3 thing you eat are proteins, carbs and fats. Both protein and carbs have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9. Ideally you want around one gram of protein per pound of weight you want to be. I don’t know your weight but usually you want between 60 to 100 grams of fats. You can adjust the amount of carbs to that.

If you just want to loose weight just stick to the one gram per pound and mainly the deficit. If you want to start working out later you can read up more about it.

You can’t really avoid being hungry. Your body also won’t have enough energy so you might also be tired and sleepy. That’s usually where people fail. You need to have the will to overcome the hunger and don’t eat. Of course you might sometimes fail and eat a bit more than you should. It isn’t the end of the world. At least if you overeat, make it be on apples not ice cream.

Also cardio can be good for you. Try running or cycling. If you can’t do that, walk or swim. Find something you enjoy.

It will take quite a bit of time but if you push through you will start seeing the results.

@csaliba I fast for 18 hours a day. Minimise your carbs, black coffee during the day. Eat like a horse at dinner I lost 20kg just from doing that, it's hard to be consistent tho, especially when you drive past your favourite fast food or something you enjoy.

Just be aware if you aren't consistent after losing weight you'll put it back on 100 times faster than you took it off.

Back