ISO: My Health & Fitness BFFs

lucie971

I’m cross posting this across a few different places. Casting a wide net so I can hopefully catch something amazing.

39 y/o F, Black, Married, No Kids, 1 Dog, Full Time Employed, WFH

I’ve had my peloton bike since 2018. I’ve gone up and down with the same 50 lbs since 2013. I’ve never really known what I was doing and I was always doing whatever I did to be on the downswing, by my damn self. Recently I realized that even though I hate being told what to do, even though I hate doing the same thing as everybody else, I would probably benefit from a small community of people who I can hold myself accountable to everyday. And who can expect the same from me.

Anyone out there with a peloton bike, an under the desk treadmill, some yoga equipment, 2 10lb weights, no license, living out in the woods, eating healthier (but still getting to enjoy food they love), meal prepping, an Apple Watch, not trying to be a body builder, and has bad knees? I really want to find my fitness BFFs and start showing up for and with you every day.

Maybe there’s a group you are part of that is accepting of new members? Open to something that’s app-based but really want to be all in with you. I’m talking exchanging phone numbers, sharing progress pics, asking after you if you don’t post after a couple days to make sure you’re ok. I’m looking for you and hope you’re looking for me too.

@lucie971 I love it! I have a peloton and some free weights and am desperately trying to just make a habit that makes me strong and healthy with no specific body goals. My challenge is making a habit in the face of a job that takes up crazy amounts of time at unpredictable hours. Late 30s F too and not feeling young anymore. Could use help and accountability with getting back on the horse after a crazy work week but grace because I’m only human and there isn’t enough time in the day. But I would love to have a group to celebrate goals with, no matter how small. Would love to hear people’s takes.

Back