Julia Vins reminded me that women don't have to be tiny (crosspost from TrollX)

@iamscience I don't but I am curious myself. If I find out I'll share it here.

EDIT: I've tried searching but I'm not really finding anything specific. Best I could really find was her blog on Go Metal which documents a lot of what she's doing for training but doesn't really lay out a plan or anything. For any idea of one of her workouts, this was one of the first ones she posted on their site back in January this year for her Bench Press:

Bench Press

20 kgx20

30 kg x10

40 kg x5

50 kg x5

60 kg x3 x3 sets

65 kg x3 x3 sets

Bench in slingshot

70 kg x2

80 kg x2

French press dumbbells

12 repetitions x3 sets

Cable Tricep Extension

20 repetitions x3 sets

Seated Dumbbell Press

15 repetitions x6 sets

*Standing dumbbell shoulder swings *

LATERAL

15 repetitions x10 sets

FRONT

15 repetitions x10 sets

Biceps curls with dumbbells

30 repetitions x8 sets

Double Edit: Formatting

@mary_woods This woman is seriously my motivation. I don't necessarily want to get to her level - she's gorgeous and strong, but I have my own goals :) - but I do want strength, muscle, and tone that are lacking in my current self.

@daisy3ohio Take what you whatever makes you a better you and ignore the rest. :D

No inspiration has to be a perfect model of what your goals are and even if you just take the ideals they hold of hard work and dedication then you're going to get what you need to make yourself that much better in the end.

@mary_woods I think when women want to do something with their bodies that doesn't fit cultural conventions, they experience a lot of sexism (from men and internal sexism from women) as backlash against the autonomy they're expressing over their own body. Nothing makes assholes nervous like a woman owning herself. Rock on, Julia Vins.

@subtle103 I think you're probably pretty right on that. I assume the thought process is something like: "Someone is defying common standards of beauty and gender roles?!? I must police their choices and try and shame them back into the status quo before it becomes the norm and what makes me 'special' (namely my conforming to the status quo) isn't valued as highly as people taking control of their bodies and doing what they want with them!"

So yeah, I hope Julia keeps rocking on because she's an inspiration to those of us who want to own who we are, not be forced into something we're not.

Back