kB Back Pain

kkaye

I tried some pullovers and they hurt my back. So yeah, I understand it was wrong form. What are some key points to activate the core and not use your back? Also what would be some things to alleviate the pain. It's been going on for about a week now since I did the pullovers. I've still been doing swings, tgu, squats, c+p, and some snatches. Maybe some of those are contributing to the back pain? I really wanna develop my core. Thank you all, appreciate all the input. I'm not able to record videos. Hope you understand Thank You again

@kkaye You probably didn't keep your core engaged, you lost contraction and lower back took over. For now, repeated child's pose for a few minutes a day should loosen that muscles.

For pullovers, maybe drop the weight or to them with elbows 90 degrees?

@tinbongda247 I feel for movements like pullovers you need to squeeze the glutes as if you are trying to crack a walnut between the arse cheeks in order to ensure good core engagement.

@tinbongda247 Thank You so much. I tried the child's pose today and I could feel my soreness getting activated in a way that ig was positive. Thank you so much again. I will keep on with this pose. For weight I'm at 8 kg

@kkaye The point is not too stay in a child pose itself for a long time, it is to make a lot of child's poses in time.

the cerebrospinal fluid is pumped to the intervertebral discs causing them to expand. as a result, the muscles at the spine stretch and relax. in addition, you nourish the discs

@kkaye If you want to understand some basics of core training, do dead bugs. Once you can't keep your low back in contact with the floor, you are done and it may happen quickly in the beginning.

Pullovers are not really a core lift. Sure, you need to have it engaged, but it is done with your lats, that is, back muscles.

And if your back is hurting, anything you do can keep it hurting, especially if you don't have a good understanding of what hurts and what muscles do various lifts use. But frankly how you sit might also be contributing. Or how you carry your laptop. The body is one piece.

@juancarlos Major key. Thank you so much, you helped me on my last post so this help today feels personal. I really appreciate you, I will look up how to do dead bugs and will incorporate them. Thanks again

@kkaye Rest. Pain is a signal from your body. In 1-2 weeks it should subside. But, let it heal. The, afterwards, make sure you use correct form.