Kettlebell Swings - 4x15

raphacam

Probably answered this question a million times and for that I am sorry. I’m starting a program on Monday that calls for Kettlebell Swings 4x15. I’m going to buy 2 bells today and need to choose wisely for my wife and I.

I am male, 36 y/o, 6’0 tall, 182lbs. Goal is strength and conditioning. I have some experience lifting weights but not consistently, and almost no conditioning. My 1RMs are all still somewhere between beginner and novice.

Wife is 34 y/o, 5’0, 220lbs and a complete beginner. She’s done 20lb swings for 5 sets of 20 reps in the past and said they weren’t overly difficult.

@raphacam 16kg for you and 12kg for your wife might be a good starting point. You may outgrow them quickly if your consitent though, but at least your wife could move up to the 16kg.

@raphacam I would go for a 16 kg (35 lbs) and a 24 kg. If it is too heavy for either one of you guys, you can reduce reps.
As a bonus you will have all the kettlebells needed for simple and sinister, should you decide to switch program.