KG or LB

@wethefreepeople I got into kettlebells when the pandemic hit. Kettlebells were almost impossible to find back then (there were a few major media outlets that even bothered to report on the shortage). To get affordable bells, had to lurk on Amazon and refresh at 3:30 am EST every morning for a week to snipe AmazonBasics bells the minute they restocked. Did not have the option to be picky about kg vs lb. I managed to get a 45-lb and a 55-lb. They worked just fine. I got a 24kg bell last year, and I use that to do doubles work with my old 55 pounder. Makes no difference.

@wethefreepeople I always struggled with this matter in the past when going to gym.

Since kettlebells are (perhaps) russian, it might be accurate to use metric system (kilograms) instead of imperial.

But also think that isn't so relevant.

@dietcake Thanks for your response. I agree it might not be so relevant. End of the day, 32kg is 71lbs and I might as well round that to 70. Etc.
I view it as I can just round to pounds, and I will save money by buying locally as well

@wethefreepeople It only matters if you want to have consistency between your collection regarding the same sizes for doubles and what the weight increments between sizes is. As others have stated, for the basic purposes of working out and getting fit, weight is weight.

@wethefreepeople Fortunately, in the US, pounds are measured by their metric equivalent.

In the Army, there was a female soldier who due to proportions was overweight, but taped under. She came up with all sorts of excuses. So I added, besides, a pound of fat weighs more than a pound of muscle 💪.

Back