Long term program

byhisgrace63

I’ve been chopping and changing 5-8 week programs the last couple years from S&S to DFW to kB muscle.

Seeking advice on anything more long term?
I know S&S could be a really long stretch but unfortunately doing that many swings affects my pelvic floor.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

@byhisgrace63 On 10k swings you'd do the same amount of swings in ~30 days as you do in 20 weeks on S&S. Don't worry about the swing volume.

You could run The Giant 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 multiple times back to back with increasing weight. You'd get pretty strong if you did that. Each block of 1.0-1.2 is 12 weeks.

To make sure you don't miss any major muscle groups you could combine that with something like 3 hard sets each of double kb front squat, dips/pushups and pullup/chinups/rows 1-3 times a wek.

@byhisgrace63 I do a short full body routine 2-3 days a week. It’s modeled on Dan John’s Easy Strength formula. I rotate exercises but the formula is consistent.I’ve gotten great results. After a while, I have plateaued a bit on weight but I’m in really good shape and happy.

4-5 rounds; 4-10 reps: rotate exercises every 3-5 weeks hit each major movement: Push, Pull, Squat, Hinge, & Core (or carry)

Examples
Day 1
4 rounds
6 x clean + press
6 x racked squat

4 rounds
10x push ups on kettlebells
10x kb rows
10x reverse lunge

Core or carry to finish

Day 2
10x emom swings