Looking for suggestions a new program/routine. Posted pic of current routine

hanhsoes

I used to lift a lot in my early 20s, and started back at it around six months ago. I would go on short kicks in-between. I am 36 now, and over the last 3 months I stuck to a program that I tailored off the internet and I've liked the results but I am trying to approach it with more purposes, and aim to increase weight every week.

Preferably, I'm looking for a 3 Day routine. I want to be strong. I am also loosing weight, so I'm in a calorie deficit. I take protein and creatine. I avoid bench press due to a shoulder issue, and instead do a lot of dumbbell work or fly machines. I'm a fan of exercises that hit more than one muscle. I don't know how to deadlift like the pro way with the barbell and belt, etc. I do dumbbell versions, lol. I also have iffy knees, I've noticed issues if I go to heavy (I could handle it if not for the knee)

The routine I do now is a PPL. I do like doing it, but I've also seen SS. Phase 1 SS seems like a very small amount of exercises compared to what I do now, so I was unsure if it would make sense for me. I can replace barbell with dumbbell in some things and make it work. I'm not opposed to doing SS and starting with phase 1.

Any ideas, tips, etc. I appreciate it. As you can tell from my log, I increased weight but there isn't much behind it other than 'let me try this' and then tweaking it from there. I do feel this routine increased my strength for sure. At some point I focused on heavier weight and lower reps. The end of march will be 3 months of doing it. I've lost weight but not inches.

Here are the exercises:

A

Leg Press / Goblet Squat

lunges

Dumbbell Bench Press

Cable Row / Pendley Row

Overhead Dumbbell Press

Lat Pulldown

Calf Raise

Abs

Hip Abduction

forearm curl

B

Leg Extension

Leg Curl

Fly Machine

Underhand Machine Row

Overhead Machine Press (

Shrugs

Hip Abduction

abs

forearms dumbbell curls

To illustrate the weight increase: In dumbbell chest press I went from 35lb hitting 12 on 3 reps to 55-60lbs 6-8 times on 3 reps. Similar with the fly machine, but 100lbs to 160lbs.

Lat pulldowns also similar in reps and sets, went from 85-100, on the underhand version went from 110 to 135.

Thanks!

@hanhsoes I think it's worth noting that if A) you enjoy your program and B) you're making progress on your program then it can largely be inferred that you're on a good path.

Just so I understand better, do "A" and "B" refer to different workouts? I have some ideas, but was just a little confused on that.

I think the argument of more or less exercises is the wrong question. I think the better question is how many total sets is a muscle receiving, both per session and per week. From there, sometimes splitting those sets into more exercises is better and sometimes splitting it up into less is better. It really just depends on the individual. Most research indicates that somewhere between ~8-20 sets per muscle per week is best.