Looking for Swedish CrossFitters

mike1911

Our Swedish Federation (Svenska Förbundet för Funktionell Fitness) is very close to gaining recognition from the Swedish Sports Confederation Riksidrottsförbundet. This recognition would have huge benefits for the development of the sport in Sweden for both athletes and gyms, including receiving funding from the government, access to Antidoping Sweden, potential athlete scholarships, potential for member clubs to get grants to buy equipment, access to get the sport included in school curriculums etc. Swe3f meets all the recognition requirements, except the membership numbers, where they are about 200 members short. They need to achieve this before the end of the year. If they do not they will have to wait 2 more years before they can apply again.

If you are a CrossFit or functional fitness athlete in Sweden, please help Swe3f get over the line and get the sport recognized as an official sport in Sweden by heading here to become a member (I think it is only 70kr but don't quote me on that) https://www.swe3f.se/forening/

Happy to answer questions about this either specific to Sweden's situation or about how government recognition of a sport works in general and why it is important for the future development of our sport.

@heatherpedz Thanks for the clarification!

In other news Norways example I gave highlights the reasons the Swedes should be motivated to achieve the same (Norway got the recognition already).