Low T levels? Maybe I’m tweakin

scottpippen

So I’m 21yrs old. 6’5 260lbs 21%bf. Bench/squat 4plates+,etc you get it. Late last year and earlier this year I dropped from 315-260 and was fasting like a bitch(goal was to lose weight). I’m just now starting to eat again like normal, and actually eat nutritional food and have a balanced diet.

To put it into perspective I’m a college athlete so I workout a shit ton and get adequate rest.

Anyways I got my bloodwork done and I have total T levels of 494 ng/dL which seems low to me. Took the test low key hella late, probably at like 12(might be the reason why, my doc was stalling).

I’m just wondering if those are low levels? I’m just a guy trying to get his weightroom numbers higher on his lifts, and tryna get some decent muscle gains.
Side note: creatine, AST, and calcium levels are a bit high(might be completely unrelated)(and yes Ik no one here is a doc just curious what y’all think)

Updated to post: appreciate y’all’s feedback man. I’ll get another test in about a month after meeting with my physician.

@scottpippen Lmao 494 is perfectly fine. The average man bounces between ranges through the day. Anything between 350 and 1000 is fine.

Plus anyway its not really to do with the exact number its how you feel. If you have no low t symptoms but number is low thats just your homeostasis point. If you have t in a normal range it has no significantly measurable difference to muscle growth.

@scottpippen Unless you’re exhibiting symptoms of low T, I wouldn’t sweat it. There are so many factors that can impact your levels over time. Not to mention, 494 in and of itself is not shockingly low.

@scottpippen Around 500 is good. If you got on TRT, like legit TRT and not something prescribed by a pill mill doctor who just wants to make money off of being a legal steroid dealer, your endocrinologist would be shooting to put you at around 500 anyway.