Lumbar back area fatiguing after recovery from lower back strain from incline bench p ress

pixielisa

So a couple weeks ago I strained my lower back muscles because of incline bench press, today was the first time deadlifting after the incident and the area of my back that was strained fatigues very fast, any advice will be appreciated.

@pixielisa I had a similar issue that ended up being a grade 2 ligament strain. I kept feeling fatigued and just kept working through it until it painfully failed With you lower back, I would recommend getting it looked at by a doc or chiro . May be something more than rest or ice can heal

@mashley44 Really? its just a minor strain I got from incline pressing, it is weird because I felt fine at the moment when I was incline pressing, just the day later I noticed that getting my socks on slightly hurt my back and it was harder to reach.

@pixielisa I thought I strained my lower back muscles but an MRI showed a disc rupture. It's worth taking it easy until healed or you know what's wrong.

@zanehe I talked with some trainers and they agree that it is a muscle strain and they tell me to keep working out but to stop deadlifting and taking it easy on my back until fully healed

@pixielisa If it is what I think it is, it helps to rest it for about a week, and if the pain or tightness persists, it can be driven out with high reps with a lower than normal weight.

Back