Massage gun (e.g. Hypervolt and Theragun) owners - share your routines/favorites ways to use them!

sysop

I finally bit the bullet on purchasing a Hypervolt/Hyperice after using it at my friend's place here and there over the years.

Would love to hear how you use it/how often/where and how it's worked well for you. How do you use it to supplement foam rolling/stretching? Have you notice significant improvement? Any other tips?

Thanks everyone!

@sysop I have to have someone help me with my rhomboids, teres major/minor, levator scapulae and erector spinae

I have to work each area for 3 minutes and it helps with my posture

@sysop I have a hypervolt that I won on a IG competition - gamechanger for my recovery! Use it all the time for quads, hammies, traps and just anywhere where there is tightness in general.

@sysop I have an off brand one that I use for my back and forearms a lot. For the back, I feel a lot lighter, like a weight has been lifted off. You need another person for that though. Usually the night after a workout/climbing. I haven't heard a lot only best practices so far though.

@sysop I bought a hypervolt knock-off on Amazon a couple months ago and use it kind of infrequently on my legs and it's hard to say if it's really doing anything there, HOWEVER as someone with a computer-based job who also knits in addition to going to the gym, using it on my forearms/wrists/hands is life-changing tbh.

@sysop I use mine almost exclusively on my traps because I don't think it's better than foam rolling. I use a small head (kinda bullet shaped, hard plastic) and stick it straight into the knots usually aiming straight down. It's pretty much the only way I get any relief on trap tightness outside of my physio making me cry with her elbows.

Occasionally I use it instead of foam roller on the quads/ IT band if I'm feeling lazy, there's no room on the floor to foam roller, or the floor needs vacuuming and I don't have time.

Back