Meal ideas

pinkrain

I am going to be working in North Carolina for 7 days then back to Georgia for 7 days. I am trying to come up with some good food that can be cooked in a hotel room with only a microwave. My house is going to start being remodeled in March so I don’t want to have too much in the refrigerator once the kitchen remodel starts. I did think about making stuff ahead and freezing but that may only be available for a couple of weeks.

@pinkrain https://www.healthline.com/nutritio...quick-look-at-the-best-meal-delivery-services

Some of these meals aren't the cheapest, but remember you are the most important person on this earth, and your nutrition is the number one thing that helps you live well.

I would add in some broccoli and cauliflower since they will keep well in the cooler and even on the shelf for a few days.

You can add in a few apples, and bananas, to bulk up the oatmeal, and I would limit this to 2 pieces of fruit a day.

Stay away from heavily processed supermarket foods, as they are full of processed oils that disrupt our cell mitochondria, alter our DNA, and shorten our lifespan.

If you can't afford the pre-delivered meals, then you can pack two meals a day in Tupperware and pack them tightly in a lot of ice. They will keep for a week even though you will have to keep buying ice.

@pinkrain Whole potatoes can be done in MW and loaded up with bacon (at the highest protein content by volume of any meat--if you eat red meat). Hey, if Matt Damon's character in The Martian can live on this off-world, so can we! LOL!

@pinkrain I would get rid of the microwave and get an air fryer. Approx same size but it's basically a mini oven that cooks everything and is fast like a microwave. You can reheat stuff, bake stuff, it's amazing for almost every type of food and has the delicious oven cooked taste rather than limp microwave taste. Pizza is amazing, baked potatoes are done in no time, cooks meats brilliantly.

@pinkrain This is not a cooked meal. I assume you’ll have access to a fridge in the hotel. If not, disregard. I love making chicken wraps. I use the precooked, shredded chicken that you can buy in the prepared food section of most big supermarkets. I used the ‘Ole Mexican brand wraps because they are high protein, low carb and high fiber. I make a sauce out of light mayo and peri peri sauce because I like spicy foods. I fill it with sliced bell peppers, avocado and thinly sliced tomato but you could used whatever veggies you like. And whatever dressings you like. Another one I like to make is a greek version with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and taziki. The way I make it, it has 325 cals: 36g protein 26g carbs and 15g fat. Some other things I like when in a hotel are yogurt (my favorite is Siggi’s 4%) with granola and mini chocolate chips. If you are driving, you could prep stuff ahead of time at home and bring it in a cooler.