Menopause

@cl4r3 estrogen patch is a game changer. everyone should be getting estrogen in some fashion. lots of new info out there - it will improve your life in every way.

@cl4r3 Estradiol protects SO much more of a woman's body and brain than it puts at risk for ANY type of cancer. Period. It is also essential to get on it as soon as you begin experiencing perimenopause symptoms because the longer you wait, the less effective it is. In fact, they won't put you on it if you are 5 years or farther out from menopause bcz your body has already adjusted (by turning to fat cells to produce it) to lower estrogen levels and won't readjust.

@cl4r3 The menopause group can be cranky. It is useful if you are looking for some specific info. but can become a real bitch fest over there. Glad you came here.

I am currently reading Wheat Belly books and working on lower cab, high protein and fat and significantly reducing carbs, sugar and wheat. So far so good. Also exercising 3-5x a week. (I am in a summer weight loss challenge).

Also water and sleep. Are you sleeping well?

I have been feeling really, really good. I had a hysterectomy like 3 years ago but kept ovaries in but I think I might be done with menopause? Don't know. 53F. Have had some hot flashes but not in a while now. Hard to tell.

Back