[MOD NOTE] r/xxfitness was hacked, and is temporarily private

andersenkc

Hey All,

This morning, someone hacked one of the mod accounts and temporarily changed all of the subreddit themes to one of a more political nature. This has also occurred in other subreddits, through mod accounts, so it seems to be a coordinated attack across the platform. I've locked the subreddit temporarily so that we can fix the themes, reinstate a mod who was removed during the attack, and make sure everything is back to normal.

Sorry for the confusion!

- @andersenkc

@dagassman76 Did you see the list of subreddits affected? They were all over the place in terms of size and content. I’m sure they just took whatever they could get, which happened to be a lot. Whatever the motive, it was about affecting as many users as possible

@andersenkc I wonder if they really believed someone would go “oh hey look, Trump stuff! I should vote for him.” But then I guess that’s how he got elected the first time, so I guess I can see the logic.

@andersenkc To the mods: you are awesome and thank you for all of the hard work you put in. This Trump hack situation felt like bizzaro world. But this sub is such a labour of love thanks to you guys.

Back