My at home setup

jeblok1

Here's a bit about me and my setup/progress. I made a diet change by eliminating all processed foods in 2012. I tried low carb for a while, but now eat more balanced. I try to hit 120-150g protein and split the rest of my macros between fat/carbs however I want. I started tracking calories and weight back in February 2019 using a tracker that I found on Reddit. I eat anywhere from 2,300 to 3,000 cals a day. I try to sleep anywhere from 7-9 hours a night, but varies because I have a 3 year old.

My diet is beef, chicken, pork, fish, sweet potatoes, quinoa, oats, berries, bananas, beans/lentils, milk/cheese, all kinds of above ground veggies, olive oil, butter, avocado oil, and nuts.

I started lifting in August 2018 with the reddit 6 day PPL split. I just started with the bar to get a feel for the movements. I've also done nSuns 5 day, 531 BBB, and am currently trying out the inverted Juggernaut method. I lift 4 days a week hitting the big 4 and any accessories where I think I'm weak in order to support the big 4 lifts. I also play 1.5 hours of full court basketball once a week for cardio. I take creatine and beta alanine as supplements.

Here are my current 1rm that I've actually been stuck on for a little while. I think I gotta just eat more to get past this plateau.

M35/158lbs/5'9"

Bench - 200lbs

Squat - 295lbs

OHP - 135lbs

DL - 325lbs

At first I was just going to join a gym, but decided I'd be more committed if I spent the money and I didn't have to waste time driving to a gym and wait on equipment. Obviously this decision is paying off huge right now as all gyms are closed. When I was researching equipment it came down to Rogue and Titan. I decided to spend the extra money and support the American brand which is Rogue. I got the RML-390FF rack (didn't want to bolt down), Ohio barbell, bumper plates, bench, dip attachment, and landmine attachment. I also got 2 single pulley's from Archon that I attached to the top and bottom of the rack. I added a sauna in Fall of 2019.

My setup

Sauna

2012 and crap diet

Most recent pic I have

DEXA progress Oct. 2018 - Sept. 2019

@jeblok1 great stuff bro!! where's your bench??

speaking of bench, how long did it take you to hit 200lb Bench Press? i feel like i've been stuck at 160lb bench all year

@keldac Bench is off to the side as I was doing face pulls and cable crunches with the pulley. I hit 200 on bench recently and just looked and saw I hit 160 in December 2018.

@jeblok1 You are my height, my strength (almost to the number) and 20 pounds lighter. Now I know what I need to do if I wanna get shredded...

Everything looks awesome man!

@kobamelo Thanks, but I still got plenty of fat around my midsection. If you look at my DEXA, it's pretty much where I carry the majority of my fat. Also I am flexing my abs in the last pic. With that said I'm gonna have to live with putting on a little more fat in order to break through this plateau.

@averagesinner Yeah man. It was worth saving up for it. I figure I'll have the setup forever. I had to just convince the wife to park one of the cars outside. I just told her it will eventually pay for itself. Forgot to mention I also have loadable dumbbells.

@jeblok1 You’re lucky. In my flat I couldn’t fit something like that anyways. But even pull up bars are out of stock in every online store. You can only do so many push-ups. Can’t wait for this virus to fuck off...

@averagesinner You could do incline and decline push-ups. Lay under a table and pull yourself up. Use a door frame for "face pulls". There's a flood of good YouTube videos for body weight workouts due to the virus.

@kententen It was $3,300. I got this one from a reputable company that has a lifetime warranty for original owner. They also do 0% for 12 months. These companies will claim all kinds of crazy benefits and not sure I believe all of them. It has been great for recovery, circulation which I sometimes have problems with as my extremities will get cold. Just look up the benefits of heat shock proteins. Here's a good article

Back