My cycle is always trying to sabotage me (F/43/5’1”)

franki

The title says it all- some way or another that lil miss is always trying to ruin my life. So of course she found a way to mess with me during my weight loss journey too. The week up to my cycle I will get so bloated and feel so heavy and hate how I look sooooo much that I want to cry and I start thinking what is the point. After my cycle is complete I always feel so skinny tho. it can just be so hard to stay positive and motivated. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

@franki It got better when I started tracking so I could better prepare for my period. I eat more protein/fat/water rich food and plan for lower impact workouts. And then sometimes I'll just need to put a cry movie on and then everything is OK.

@franki Because my energy levels are lower and I already know I'll be lifting lighter than I normally do. I just want to be gentle and kind to my body. I already have extra water retention from my period and intense workouts can do the same so I prefer not to double up on it.

Edit: I've been tracking for over 4 years now and its allowed myself to understand the hormonal changes and what to expect and what I need beforehand.

@franki Yes, absolutely. I can weigh up to 8 pounds more in the days right before and very early into my period. I try to just remind myself it isn’t “real” weight, but it doesn’t always help. It does also motivate me not to indulge in period related cravings. . . Too much. 🫣

@franki Yesssss. About to get my period and I noticed I went up 3 pounds on the scale since I last weighed myself like a week ago.. wtf!! Haven’t been eating that bad!! I also feel so heavy

@franki I’m going through this today. I weigh in once a week and I average a pound a week. When I hit PMs I feel huge and the scale stays the same and I get discouraged. But it must be bloat because the next week I lose more! It’s a mind game us women have to deal with!!

@franki I literally wrote in my calendar for this week "week before period: expect low self esteem, high hunger and weight gain". And whilst I know the worst will come around Thursday/ Friday, am feeling armed against it!!