My hanging L sit just went from 1-3 seconds to 12 seconds

questionquest74

As title says. I have been practicing my hanging L sit, and for the past couple of weeks saw little to no improvement where I could either bring my legs up for a split second and they would drop again, or i could painfully hold it for maybe 2-3 seconds. Today, I tried the L sit again for the first time in about 5 or so days, and held it for 10 seconds. Thinking I may have somehow done something to make it easier, i tried it again, focusing heavily on keeping my legs straight out infront of me, and held it for 12 seconds. Super happy right now that im seeing really nice progress finally.

This is something that i found happened with my pushups a while back too. I was doing 3 reps max per set for about 2 weeks, until i woke up one day and hammered out 10 in my first set. Is this something thats relatively common for beginners?

@newander I wish this would happen to me. All of my lifts and sets have blown up in the past few months, EXCEPT PULLUPS. Still doing about 5 reps max, just like I was a month or two ago.

@joshuas1420 Put your armor off and try again?

Seriously tho: try a weighted pull up, even if it is just one.. continue with some guidance (eg bands), don't give up, don't overdo it and get enough rest!!!

Get those gains coming, sunbro

@joshuas1420 Get some resistance bands and set 'em up to do lat pull downs. After your done with pull ups, do a bunch of sets of lat pull downs, high volume until you burn. Or use a band to make the pull ups easier so you can keep pumping reps out

@joshuas1420 Get some resistance bands and set 'em up to do lat pull downs. After your done with pull ups, do a bunch of sets of lat pull downs, high volume until you burn. Or use a band to make the pull ups easier so you can keep pumping reps out

@joshuas1420 As an old post from this sub was saying: rest more between sets. 2-3 times per week do 5 (or more) sets of 4 pull ups with a good 4-5 min rest in between. Keep that for a few weeks and upgrade ( 5x5 etc.) And I am sure you will be able to crank 10 in a row in a couple of months.

@questionquest74 It's partially mental I think. With weighted pull ups for example I was pulling the same weight for ages, and thought I was stagnating because I was going to what I thought was failure. One time I added 10 kg to try and find my 1RM, and did the same number of reps as before.

Ever since then I've always progressively overloaded even when I felt I was stagnating or wasn't feeling the progress. Usually it turns out I can do more than I thought I could.

@questionquest74 These kind of progressions always create double feelings for me: it are these progressions that make me immediately doubt if I had my form wrong or cheated some way by using a muscle group that wasn’t really to be used then…

@chiefofsinners97 What I did to train it was just doing it for a couple seconds at a time since that’s all I could possibly do. Probably not the best way to do it considering I’m absolutely shocked at the results this method achieved.

@questionquest74 👏👏 How cool, awesome job!

Same for me with dips. I’ve never been able to do one in my life so I started doing elevated bench dips three months ago. At the end of each week I’d try regular dips and still couldn’t do it until yesterday when I did four!

I can’t L sit either, this post has inspired me to try that next, thanks 🙌

@questionquest74 Man my best pull ups in one set was 19 then I went down to 12 then up to 15 now I'm stuck on 15 but I expect to turn full super Saiyan soon and get 25 plus hahaha the body is mad awesome.