My hanging L sit just went from 1-3 seconds to 12 seconds

@questionquest74 Slightly off topic and I apologize in advance. What are the pros and cons to a hanging sit-up vs the ones where you put your arms on the brace?

Which one is more complete? Or which one targets what muscles?

@angelavoltaire I'll just quote one guy's comment, as he clarified it very well:

"An L-sit and an L-hang are very different. The L-sit involves the use of your shoulders and your upper body much more than you think, you have to push hard into the floor or bars and protract the shoulders and pull your butt as high as you can. It also takes abdominal compression to maintain an L-sit (try it on the floor and you will see what I mean). These are the two reasons a 60s or 3x30s L-sit is one of Coach's pre-reqs before beginning planche training. The L-hang is only using your abs and your quads to support your legs in the L-position. Don't replace your L-sit training with an L-hang, add it to your training. You can also work hanging leg lifts, circular leg lifts, windshield wipers.....all kinds of stuff that involve L-hangs so to speak, (you pass through the L-hang on most of the moves I just described)."