My views on Soybean/Soya Chunks

@te15 350 cals for 35gm protein per 100gm skimmed milk it seems

Seems slightly better than paneer i guess

Paneer has around 30-33 gm protein for 150gm paneer at 390 cals

How is the bioavailability according to you

Also how do you consume it, mix 100gm in 1 glass water?

@redcrambler Bioavailability is excellent. It’s just milk without fat.

100gm is like 1 litre milk in powder form.

At once I consumed 40 grams. In the whole day, I had 120 grams(40g 3x a day[edit])

@te15 Hey, thanks for this. I'll start looking at alternatives to Soy in my diet.

And what about Plant based protein powder which have Soy Isolate as one of their ingredient, along with say Brown Rice Isolate and Pea Isolate? Do they also contain these anti nutrients or are they filtered away?

@newmusicfan Yes those too contain these antinutrients, surely it’s a lot more processed so the amount is reduced. But it’s better to go with pea + brown rice blend.

@te15 Got it.
Come to think of it, with all these anti nutrients and all, it does make me wonder how much better having Non Vegeterian food is in your diet, in terms of Macro and Micro absorbtion.

Surely you can be healthy and build a great physique by being a pure veg and by supplementing the essentials.
But incorporating few animal based food makes it easier and cheaper.

PS- not preaching anything, just my thoughts.

@newmusicfan That’s a fact.

Non vegetarian diet is superior on many levels compared to vegetarian diets. It also has its own drawbacks but not that many.

Even simple eggs in a veg diet make a big difference.

@kobestutri Do you mean making "yogurt" at home by saying "set yogurt"?

If yes, then you need to know that there is a difference between dahi and Greek yogurt. Basically Greek yogurt has an extra strain of bacteria (Streptococcus thermophilus) which breakdowns lactose in Milk and the end product is creamier and thicker.

So Greek yogurt helps in better digestion and has overall higher amount of protein per 100 grams vs Dahi.

Epigamia and Agapi are good brands.

@te15 Thanks bro, what about milky mist skyr which has 10gms of protein per 100gms. I being vegetarian lack protein intake, plus I don’t believe in whey powders as well. Is eating 3-4 cups of skyr fine daily?

@te15 It’s just that I don’t prefer consuming over processed food, always believe in clean labels. I was shocked to learn that only milky mist makes high protein yogurt.

All I am trying to say is, that you'll save more money if you go for a protein supplement.

It was my duty to just make you aware of this thing once, in the end it is your choice sir.

And yes you can have 3/4 servings of greek yogurt if you like.

@te15 Thanks bro for giving such insights. Thankfully I can splurge a little extra on healthy foods. You’re doing great work and helping everyone out here, even I used to consume soyabean everyday and will stop consuming them. I was pleasantly surprised that you mentioned greek yogurt as an alternate because people in this sub have a very bad take on greek yogurt.

@kobestutri You're most welcome.

I didn't know the anti greek yogurt views of this sub. Didn't come across any comment like that. It is an excellent product, digests well, helps in increasing gut microbes and provides good amount of protein. Plus it's tasty.

Back