Need guidance for weight loss

heatherbliss

So hey everyone
I (19M) , weight 84 kg , height 5''10" need some guidance from u guys form my weight loss . I know now u guys will go like try on your own and hit gym be consistent and all ..... Well I did try I did go to gym and also I was consistent..but the results were zero ..
My diet - No proper diet( but also not street food .. proper home made food )
Traning schedule - no proper knowledge about training so gym trainer told do this so I was doing it.

First I went gym I went acc to trainer did exercise acc to him ... No results then tried cardio still no results then my exams were there so had to quit .. Now I go with my frnd it's been like 3-6 months still I see no results but somedays I see a gain in my weight... Then got to know about cutting calories .. uske baare m dekha sbkuch St k uppar se nikl gaya

So that's my story ..posting it here thinking u guys can help me somehow...Cuz I've like 2 months free ahead

@heatherbliss In your case, as far as I am judging, it is not about calories or a specific training split; it is psychological/habitual.
  1. Pick a split and be consistent with it in the gym. I would advise full body one day on and one day off. If you like a different split then follow that.
  2. High protein diet from solid food. 1gm per pound of your body weight. Low fats. Avoid all saturated fats. Aim for 0.3 to 0.5gm per kg of your body weight, 28gm to 42gm. Rest is carbs. Keep reducing carbs until you see the weight dropping every week. Use less dense foods like fruits to fill you up.
  3. If you follow my full body routine then on off days do brisk walks. Start from 3km and progress to 6km.
  4. No high intensity cardio.

@jenfer For point
1. So like I should do gym alternate days ? And bro I don't know what a split is .. I went to the gym and trained one muscle each day ..so no particular split in my mind
2. Bro I can go for like sprouts and paneer in my diet but I can't include supplements (if u were referring to them)for protein intake. As much I get it u say that I should take abt 84g?
Thanks for the help bro

@jenfer Now u can hate me bro .. Cuz I'm that kind of vegetarian who can eat eggs only(that too only in winter)😅😅and not chicken. Aur rhi baat part time ki to vo bhi dhundh hi rha hu but mil nhi rha kuch .. so ya I'm still trying

@heatherbliss
  1. Pick a good program I would suggest a full body or upper lower since you spend more calories in those compared to other splits
  2. Eat Fats, protein & Fiber pre Workout.
  3. Keep Carbs except fiber below 20 g before workout session then after workout load up on simple sugars (white Rice is simple, glucon d is simpler, say goodbye to stuff like oatmeal, brown rice). Since digestion should be quick, no Fats, proteins or Fiber post workout. Some of them like below 2g Fiber & fats and below 10-20g protein, since some carb foods have protein anyway.
  4. Most calories of your diet should come from Fats, then protein, then Carbs. Keep fats near 100g or little above, protein atleast 2 g per 1 kg of your bodyweight. Rest, fiber pre Workout & simple carbs post workout.
  5. Follow intermittent fasting, 2mad or 3mad. Wouldn't suggest omad, it is roo much
  6. No junk food allowed, no snacking allowed.
  7. Eat more vegetables & more fatty Proteins (egg, fish, chicken thigh) to fill you up & prevent snacking. Limit fruits to post workout and eat very small amount due to the Fiber in fruits (Pick only 2-3 fruits)
  8. Calories should be at maintenance or a little below maintenance. If you're a zero experience beginner then a little bit above maintenance can also be fine.
This is what worked for me and lot of ppl, there is a logic/science behind this but I'm not going to detail that now.

@lovesgod1964 What is this advise?

full body or upper lower since you spend more calories in those

You burn similar or even more calories in a bro split, if you overall volume in that session is similar.

Eat Fats, protein & Fiber pre Workout.

No. Do not eat fats pre workout.

Keep Carbs except fiber below 20 g before workout session then after workout load up on simple sugars (white Rice is simple, glucon d is simpler, say goodbye to stuff like oatmeal, brown rice). Since digestion should be quick, no Fats, proteins or Fiber post workout. Some of them like below 2g Fiber & fats and below 10-20g protein, since some carb foods have protein anyway.

A simple google search:

"It is customarily recommended that exercisers consume about 1 gram of carbohydrate per kilogram of body weight 1 hour before working out, and 2 g of carbohydrate per kg of body weight if 2 hours before exercise, and so on (Dunford & Doyle 2008)." https://blog.nasm.org/workout-and-nutrition-timing

OP needs 84gm of carbs pre workout. Usually one would burn 150-250kcals in one hour of resistance training. For simplification, one would need 60gm carbs for 240kcal glycogen energy.

Rice is not same as plain sugar. Rice is a complex carb with lower glycimic index than sugar. Did you watch Jim Stipponi's video on youtube for consuming sugar post workout to trigger insulin release?? One should eat oatmeal, brown ricem white rice etc good foods post workout.

Most calories of your diet should come from Fats,

Are you claiming a high fat diet is superior? Keto? Fats have 0 thermic effect.

Limit fruits to post workout and eat very small amount due to the Fiber in fruits (Pick only 2-3 fruits)

What's wrong with fibre?

there is a logic/science behind this but I'm not going to detail that now.

Let's do it. I wanna know that bro science.

@jenfer 1 talking about sessions of same length

2 Fats pre Workout meaning Fats throughout the day before workout, not just before it

3 Only recommended for bulkers. You don't need Carbs pre Workout when on weight loss, only bulkers do. This is due to the fact that loading up on Carbs on the rest day before workout day gives you a great amount of glycogen energy for the workout. It's how athletes & strongman & competitive bodybuilders have been doing it for competition days, they dont consume carbs some 2-3 hrs before their competition, they do it the day before, the ones competing in world events like the olympics, wsm, the whole week before! And they cut carbs or do water loading then cut that to get into their specific weight category. Obviously us gym goers dont need to do that, but we can take science behind the idea and apply it to bodybuilding. This loading of carbs is obviously to give them energy for the big event. The usage of Carbs is for fuel, not to get stored as fat. Thus, limiting Carbs post workout and days before workout ensures you are only using Carbs for muscle glycogen recovery & energy respectively. I don't know who Jim stopping is BTW. White rice is Relatively simpler than oatmeal & brown rice.

4 Tell me is 100g of fat high? It is not. No, it really isn't. No, no, no, it isn't brother. 168g of protein though, yes that's high. I used to eat 150g Fats when bulking. No adverse effects on me! Surely not on anyone else! And, proteins have a higher thermic effect than fat, but 100 × 9 (fat calories) > 168 × 4 (protein calories), so even with little amount of fats you consume more calories than a Relatively High amount of protein. You got convinced by the keto cultists that eating fat is to burn fat, when in reality that job of burning fat is already ensured by you not eating carbs in the morning & afternoon! The job of fats is to provide you the fat soluble Vitamins that most people are deficient in, and more! In fact, fat is probably the most important nutrient for testosterone production! The reason why a high fat Diet is superior is because of the impacts on testosterone & thus muscle growth, not to burn fat!

5 Fiber slows digestion. Wouldn't want that post workout if we want the quick insulin spike we have been avoiding all day by eating only Fats, protein & Fiber, thus using Carbs to fill up on the muscle glycogen stores! The quicker the spike, the faster & better your muscles get recovered post workout, and you know you have used Carbs for how they are meant to be used for weight loss. For bulking, that's a whole different thing, eating carbs right before workout, is for bulkers just to add more calories or get a quick boost of energy, cutters already have that by loading on carbs the day before, which most bulkers dont do, they evenly spread out fats, carbs & proteins throughout the day and thats better for bulking.

6 What are Carbs used for? Energy, in nerdy terms glycogen, which can be fulfilled day before workout, not right before workout. What is Insulin used for? To help absorb nutrients from foods. Which part of the day is an insulin spike the highest if you eat Carbs? Morning, then gradually decreases throughout the day. What nutrients spike insulin? Carbs, Fast digesting Proteins. Then what do we use Carbs & fast digesting Proteins for, if we havent eaten it the whole day? Muscle recovery post workout! In fact, just carbs might be fine, no need for fast digesting protein, as the Anabolic window is a myth!
If you put 2 and 2 together this information is telling you to limit Carbs to day before workout and post workout! The remaining thing is pre Workout, by pre workout I mean the whole day before workout! By choosing to not eat Carbs in the morning & afternoon you don't get a strong insulin spike that makes you insulin resistant (fat) if done for a long time, and by choosing to eat 1g Carbs per kg of bodyweight (which might not be accurate but it is close) you fulfil the purpose of Carbs, and there is no extra carb which will make you fat! Where's the bro science in this? It is made with empirical scientific facts!

@heatherbliss Mods should do something about these people who keep asking for this spoonfeeding. Watch videos in Hindi if you are finding issues with English. Calorie calculation is a super basic phenomenon in fitness with plenty of resources on the internet to help you out.

@sweetkaka Bro if u don't like it I am sorry but I am not here for spoon feeding either .. Backend m mene kia h research like what is calorie cutting... u seem to be an expert of the field that's y u can criticise me abt asking advice . Hindi English m dono m dekha video koi Banda kuch khra h koi kuch isliye m confused tha... If u can't help please go on and skip this post .. Bhai sympathy k liye nhi khra but yaha bs is liye post Kiya tha kyoki laga tha ki seniors might help.

@heatherbliss This might not sound like something you want to hear. But you won't lose weight in the gym. If weight loss is your only goal, then its going to be 90% based on your diet. And nothing else.

You need to eat lower than what your body burns.

So lets start with that.
  1. Find out what you can eat. You should be eating about 1800 calories for your stats. Of which I'd recommend 150 grams protein, 35 fats, about 80 carbs. You can get this from eggs, chicken, oats, rice, veggies and if required supplement with Casein protein. But as long as you hit these targets, you WILL lose weight. About 1/2 per week.
  2. Eating in a deficit makes you week. So pick some strength training. This will help you gain muscle. Even if you can do 4 times a week, but proper 45 mins sessions, you will be good to go. There's no real magic here.
  3. Casein - as mentioned above is your friend. Its a slow digesting protein, that will keep you full for longer than whey protein does. So I'd recommend that over whey in your case.
  4. Whenever possible get some steps in, walk when you can, if you need a goal, aim for about 7000 steps.
If you are confused about exercises, there's a lot of content online, and very experience people around here who can help you out. You don't need a ton of exercises. Just the basics will take you a long way.

All the best.

@heatherbliss For the first one, use estimations, like apps like healthify or one of them, or google is your friend. You don't need to track accurately, nothing can, in fact do that. just a ball park figure,

Secondly, they are not necessary. A lot of people have lost gone fit without them. But if you want to hit something like 150 grams of protein, its pretty hard to do that just from regular food. So that's why the recommendation. However, its 100% possible to hit your target.

It requires quite a bit of planning, or eating a ton of eggs / chicken. Only issues is usually, its very had to add just protein without adding fats / carbs.

@heatherbliss Nah Supplements are not Necessary. That is if you non veg.

Get protein from: Whole Egg, chicken thigh, fish. If vegetarian, will have to use a supplement. Can't consume paneer tofu soy chunk all day, the protein in there is good amount but not the high quality ones which can easily be get in cheap from Eggs. The more expensive part is the latter 2 which are for Tons of protein, Zinc, & Omega 3 respectively.

Get fats from : Egg yolk, Fish, Cheese, Avocado, Nuts or Seeds

Get b12 from : Whole Egg, Fish, basically any non veg food

Get Carbs from : white Rice, White bread, White chapati

Get Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Vitamin C, Some Vitamin As, Vitamin K1, Antioxidants from : Tons of Vegetables

Get Vitamin A (Active Form) from : Cheese, Egg yolk

Get Fiber from : Vegetables

Get Vitamin C, Antioxidants from : Fruits (not apples & mangoes, better choice is Pineapple, Watermelon)

Get Zinc : chicken thigh

Get Vitamin E from : Nuts or seeds

Get Vitamin d from : try Supplements or sun dried mushrooms later if you deficient in it

Get Vitamin k2 from : Cheese, egg yolk

Get calcium from : Cheese, tons of vegetables

Get Potassium from : Avocado, Tons of Vegetables, chicken thigh, fish, and lot of foods

Get Boron from : Raisins, Avocado, Nuts

Eating all these shit already ensures you are getting enough Iron, Phosphorus, Manganese, and all other b Vitamins apart from b12.

Done. Don't feel sad if you miss out on a few, just be done with 80% and the ones that are cheaper compared to the rest.