New to working out, need feedback on my current leg day split

mirkwoodtrail

Just to get an idea, I’m 24F, 140lbs and trying to reach my goal weight of 120lbs (or doesn’t really matter, I just want to tone up and gain muscle).

My current split is

Leg days (1 min rest between sets)
Leg press 4 x 12
45° hyperextension 4 x 12
Bulgarian Split squat 4 x 12
RDLs 4 x 12

Back days
Lateral pull down 4 x 15-20
Seated cable rows 3 x 15
Bent over fly 3 x 15
Bent over row 3 x 15

And I try to spend the last 10-15 minutes of my time at the gym on the stair masters

I was wondering if this split is good enough or if I should be changing anything.

Recently, It’s been a struggle for me doing my back workouts since I sprained my wrist and it’s taking a bit long to heal. But I’ve still been able to do my glute workouts normally. It’s definitely my goal over the next few weeks to work on being consistent and getting stronger. Hope I can get some advice from y’all and thank you in advance!

@mirkwoodtrail Try lowering your rep count to around 6-8 and doing 3 sets and upping your weight. This is better for progressive overload if you’re trying to gain muscle or tone up. At the end of the first two sets you should feel like you can still do a couple more and usually after the third it’s failure for me so chose a challenging weight just make sure your form is good.

@mirkwoodtrail Please tell me what a 45 degree hyperextension is....

Because hyperextension, from someone who is educated with the term, means to rotate beyond what is naturally capable (aka its an injury).

So I'd like to know what you mean