nFFMI

@maximizer Lol true. I kinda am hoping for the good genetics, I guess we'll see what level I start to plateau at. I'm going to lift for another 3 months and in feb start a cut, and drop 15 lbs. Then just continue that cycle, do you think that's a good way to keep most of my muscle? Because I would be a very happy man if I just kept all my muscle and went down to 200-210 right now. My goals are I want to feel strong and look good, not necessarily become a powerlifter. I would like to join the 1000 lb club.

@kevitho You’ll have no problem joining the 1K club 👊

I’d probably just run a consistent calorie deficit, something sustainable and not too extreme, with a very high protein diet, around 230-240 grams per day. Practically speaking, if you have a deficit of 2800 cals/week, you could drop 40 pounds in a year while preserving much of your muscle mass. Drink a gallon of water per day, sleep 8hrs, good things will happen!

Have you checked out r/powerbuilding ?

@maximizer Here's a sneak peek of /r/powerbuilding using the top posts of the year!

#1: Ended 2022 by achieving my goal! | 46 comments

#2: PR’d my strict press. 120kg. Thoughts on the RPE? | 33 comments

#3: After 6 years, finally hit 3 wheels. Keep grinding boys! | 36 comments

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]GitHub[/sup][/sup]

@mac64 Feels good when the online calculator "Natty or Not"s you.

6'1", 103kg, 12.3% - 25.74 - "Suspicious" on the scale.

To help everyone understand why normalised results are important - when BMI was invented, calculators were nowhere near as common at the power that they are today. This meant that when picking an exponent, the researchers chose "Squared", instead of a more accurate 2.5 that fit the data better. This means that BMI skews towards overestimating obesity for the very tall.

Back