not gaining weight....eating 4k+ a day...very sad, please help!!!

icameforhelp

(dont know why it did the capitalization thing in title)

Hey guys! I'll summarize this. I'm 28, 6'3", 175, slender build. I've been vegan for 15 years. For years I've desired a huge build and this year have finally begun working on it.

I'm a pro vegan (ha) so I know how to make meals. For a month now I've been eating 4000 cals a day, 4500 when I can push it. Yet my weight is ALWAYS fluxing between 173-177 it never goes up to 180!!!!! I ate on schedule for 7 days this week and these are my macros...
  • Calories: 4265
  • Fats: 167g
  • Carbs: 528g
  • Protein: 182g
What meals are usually in a day...this is the meal cadence I ate for 7 days straight.

(Vegan) Burger(Vegan) Shake(Vegan) Rice & Tips
Calories: 450Fats: 25gCarbs: 35gProtein: 24gCalories: 2554Fats: 94gCarbs: 343gProtein: 104gCalories: 1,260Fats: 32gCarbs: 150gProtein: 54g

Meal 1
Meal 2
Meal 3

Meal 1: Beyond Patty + Dave's Bread Buns

Meal 2: 2 Bananas, 100g Raw Almonds, 4 Scoops PB (32g each), 2 cups Ripple Milk Unsweet, 4 scoops Naked Mass unflavored, water

Meal 3: Rice (1 cup 3 cups), Beyond Steak Tips, 2 tbsp Olive Oil

Yet when I stepped on the scale this morning....175!!! What the actual fuck. Eating more than 4500 is very hard but please let me know if I have to. I am SO FUCKING TIRED of being skinny.

Added note on my activity....I am active. I workout at least once a day and have a very active job a few days throughout the week. (Moving company) I'm sure I release a lot of calories. Feels like I need to jump to 6000. WTF

@icameforhelp 3 possibilities:
  1. You are not actually eating that many calories, either weighing your food incorrectly or using the wrong entries.
  2. You have a very high metabolism or are just burninga lot at your job but are otherwise healthy and just need to eat a lot of food.
  3. You have some medical disorder.
You can burn a lot of calories at your job so it very well might be #2. Use an app like MacroFactor.

@dubschanging Thanks for thinking on this for me. It's definitely not #1 ha! I have a kitchen scale, digital and manual, and calcuate those nutritional boxes like a MFer.

2 sounds possible. Yesterday I had 7 bottles of water and tbh wanted even more, but I could feel myself getting water bloated. I thought damn, if I'm this thirsty my body is definitely letting out a lot of calories...​

3, I hope not. Very healthy life thus far. Can't even remember the last time I went to the doc.​

I'd love to use apps but I prefer keeping record myself. Adds more work and I can see how things are happening...

@icameforhelp Unrelated to your weight, but if you're drinking that much water you should look into mixing electrolyte supplements with some of it. That will help with the bloating and also quench your thirst better.

Back