not gaining weight....eating 4k+ a day...very sad, please help!!!

Please keep the advice and input coming, but I want to say thank you to all who have read and replied to my story. This is a very hard journey so having your help really makes me want to keep going. Thanks

@icameforhelp Do you take creatine? It might help.

My bf is 6'8 and also about 175. It's hard as hell to get him to gain weight too. The scale only goes up for him when we eat a lot of vegan junk food. Cookies at night probably won't work with your macros. 😅

@icameforhelp To add something a little more simple - you might also just be one of those people. I have a fast metabolism and am also very active. To gain I need to push close to 3500cals. My maintenance is about 3000 and I’m a 170cm woman.

@icameforhelp If you’re really consuming that amount of calories, or are relatively new to vegan eating, I highly recommend bringing this info to your doctor. They might want you to see GI and have some labs or a scope. It could be an absorptive disorder. Easy way to rule in if there could be something going on is check the poop scale:

https://www.continence.org.au/sites...ristol_stool_chart_fin.png.webp?itok=Oc27kVNS

If your poop is more often NOT 3 or 4 on the Bristol stool scale there is something going on that you should discuss with a doctor.

@icameforhelp I think you might be eating around 3,300 not 4k. If possible, see if you can have more fruits and veggies in your day. Judging by your recipes you are a busy person. When I had a hectic job I only ate smoothies, lol I brought them in a bag that was for a multi pack of wine. Yeah, but look into eating more Whole Foods vs pre packaged items. Even if it’s just replacing your breakfast or dinner. Dried fruit and nuts are great snacks, maybe make a trail mix each week based on increasing calories per week you try to finish. A scoop of peanut butter before bed is also great. If you aren’t taking a multivitamin I’d do so or try for more fruits and veg to make sure you are getting micro nutrients.

@revrayh Whole foods are not gonna help someone like this gain weight. If anything, he needs to eat more simple carbs so he can get in enough calories. Intentionally eating filling, fibrous foods is not gonna help with that. Dried fruit and nuts would be fine, as they're calorie dense, but eating tons of veggies won't be good for his goals.

@icameforhelp You just need to bump up your calories. You're burning a ton of calories working as a mover. Increase each week by like 500 calorie increments until your weight goes up by like a half a pound or a pound a week.

You wanna mostly increase your carbs to do this. Simple carbs are fine in this situation. It actually makes sense to drink juice around your workouts and prioritize things like white rice over high fiber, more filling foods.

You're getting enough protein, but that should increase over time as your weight does to hit 1g protein per lb.

@icameforhelp As a 45 year old, almost 46 years old, don't worry about gaining so much weight. Why? From my pseudo analytical analysis once most people hit 40ish, they look to lose weight. Stay strong, stay cardio fit, stay shredded!

Back