Not Losing Weight

ilovemoon

Hi everyone, so I’m roughly 5”8 and base weigh at 170lbs.

I would say I currently look slightly built and have been going to the gym every other day for the past two months. I’ve been hitting new PRs every week which I’m very proud of.

Since it’s summer I plan to cut as much as I can so I’ve been on a 1,350 cal deficit. If I recall, Fitnesspal told me that my maintain cal should be around 1,900. I always aim to consume plenty of protein and as for the other nutrients, I don’t give them much mind.

The issue is that I’m stagnant in the 170-175lb range. It’s been around 3 weeks that I’ve been on this deficit and I was hoping that I’d at least see a pound or two gone, but so far nothing. You would think I’m on a bulk if you saw me

Do I need to watch what I eat better or is it just something I have to keep on doing for months to see results?

(I mainly lift weights but I implement 30mins of cardio on the treadmill at the end of my 1 hour workouts)

Thanks for the responses!

@ilovemoon Without knowing your diet, assuming you are eating enough protein and making good choices, it’s time to lower the caloric intake or increase the caloric burn. One way or another you need to reassess and change it.

Back