Ok I finally got onboard with stretching..but now I need specific help!

vivienita

Ok so at the age of 34 I finally have acknowledged that stretching is necessary! I always neglected it and thought I never had enough time, didn't know what to do, etc.

I found this video and it's been a game changer. 15 minutes? Nice. Easy moves. Super chill music. I absolutely love this video and I've watched it every day for the past couple weeks to stretch.

So that's awesome. But I'm now thinking I should mix it up and get a variety of stretch routines down. The issue is, I REALLY liked this video because it's a short routine with good music. I don't want to do an hour of bendy crazy yoga. I don't want to listen to someone talk the whole time. I know this is very picky.

Does anyone have any suggestions for videos to add to my collection? I've been searching YouTube but haven't found much so far.

@vivienita
  1. Heather Robertson YouTube workouts
  2. Stretching video in your post, also the neck stretch by same person
  3. Down dog yoga
  4. Nike training club app w workouts and yoga

@vivienita I’m shocked no one has mentioned Five Parks Yoga! Her deep stretch classes actually leave me SORE because I’m lengthening muscles that have been wildly tight for years. I do her one hour deep stretch three times a week and feel way more limber and have less aches and pains.

I’m a barista so shoulder pain has been plaguing me for a long time and I have found my back and shoulders are stronger and I stand straighter unknowingly because of Erin Sampson.

@vivienita Thanks for posting video. I'm going to include some of these, already been doing some of them too.

I don't have a recommendation though, just comment. I'm in the same boat. Once I hit my mid-30s, I really gained an appreciation for stretching both before and after working out.

@vivienita I like Yoga with Kassandra on youtube. She does yin yoga which is mainly stretching and holding poses for a longer period of time. She doesn’t talk too much outside of explaining how to get into the poses. She has a couple series of 15 minute videos for morning or evening and then a ton of other content on her channel too!

@vivienita Lots of people recommending Yoga with Adrienne - I much prefer Yoga with Kassandra. She has a huge library of yin yoga classes anywhere from 15 mins to 90 mins. If you just search her channel for what you’re after - yoga for hips, hamstrings, lower back, upper body etc - you’re sure to find something. There’s a lot less talking than Adrienne if that’s your thing :)

@ryasuz I also prefer Kassandra! I think her stretches are more comfortable for my body, and she always (or almost always) includes modifications and ways to adjust the poses. The way she demonstrates and explains the movements makes sense to me and it makes it easy for me to follow along with.

@ryasuz Kassandra has more intermediate and advanced class options. She also has a much bigger yin yoga library. I loved Adrienne when I first started practicing yoga, but after a while wanted more of a challenge. I think they are both great and deeply appreciate anyone giving us free yoga classes!

@vivienita I can see what you mean about this video, there is no obnoxious talking, the music is just very chill and quiet and in the background, and it all just lets you focus on following along with your own body movements and mirroring the video.

This is excellent! I like this and I think I prefer this as well over other types of videos with too much talking or obnoxious pop music that not everyone likes and such. I will look through her channel at the other stuff. I "saved" this video on my youtube "likes" and will come back to it.

Thanks so much for sharing this!

@vivienita I've said it before and I'll say it again - Yoga with Adrienne!

Free youtube channel with like, a decade or so of videos. You can view playlists she has based on time/instensity. Lots of 20 minute practices on there that are easy and accessible!

Problem is, she does talk the whole time. But who knows, maybe it'll be a nice change of pace for you now and again!