P/P/L on a cut?

hugues

Really wanting to do p/p/l on my cut, but not sure if its wise to be in the gym that much on a cut, thoughts and advice?

@hugues PPL once per week? Or twice like some people run it?

Either way I would be hesitant to switch routines on a cut and would not increase work. What have you been running?

@landscaping88 I was doing PPL twice a week, 3 on-rest day-3 on-2 rest days-repeat.

However right now I haven't lifted in three months because I moved to Spain temporarily.

@hugues On a cut you definitely need more time for recovery so I would suggest a 4-5 day cycle of PPL then 1-2 rest days and repeat. Or you could do it 2 times a row then just one rest day, depends on your level of conditioning. I was able to do this during a cut but I had done it prior as well and knew my body could handle it. Key is just listen to your body!

@hugues Ive heard that on a cut intensity is better than volume, but Ive heard too that you should keep things exactly the same, maybe lower the rep range, because the way you built the muscle is the same way yo want to maintain it, if the volume is too much and you see yourself loosing too much strenght, then do less volume and a bit more intensity I guess.

Back