Please critique my upper body routine!!!

dad913

Workout A (Monday)(Thursday)
2-Chest:
Bench Press 4x8 reps (55kg and bar)

Incline DB Bench Press 4x8 reps (20kg)
Mid Level Cable Flyes 4x8 (level 10.5 air)

3-Shoulders:
Seated Overhead DB Press 4x8 reps(17,5g)
Seated DB lateral raises 4x10 reps (7,5kg)
Rear delt flyes 2x10 (10kg)

4-Triceps:
Skull crushers 2x12
Pull downs 3x15

Workout B (Tuesday)(Friday)
2-Back:
Pullups 2x8 (hollow)+ 2x10 (wide arch)
Close grip Barbell Row 4x8 reps (40kg and bar)
Wide grip Cable pulldowns 4x8 (55kg)
Cable Rows 4x8 (40kg)
3-Biceps:
Standing EZ bar curls 3x12 reps (10kg and bar)
bicep cross curls 2x12 reps
Seated curls 2x10

I have my leg days perfected, but for these upper body days, do you think it’s enough to see some growth, if I add weight each week and go hard?

@dad913 if you are consistently getting stronger and facilitating it by eating enough calories, by all means it's working.

if you are super confused about if something is a good program to start with i would just look at any reasonable PPL from the internet and use it as a reference

i am raising my eyebrows pretty hard about the "perfected leg days" but if you are getting stronger and content with how they are progressing aesthetically, then that's all that matters

@dad913 Solid routine! Key to growth: progressive overload + recovery. Consider rotating exercises every 4-6 weeks to prevent plateaus. Ensure diet supports muscle growth. Rest is crucial, aim for 7-9 hrs sleep. Keep going hard!

Also, I forgot to ask, what do you use to keep track of your weights and performance to get that progressive overload in week after week?

@dad913 Looks like a solid program to me. If I had to add any suggestions I would consider starting with incline bench as the upper chest is a little tougher to grow and is arguably the most important visual chest muscle to create that "full look".

I also personally have almost eliminated overhead pressing as the folks I follow the most discount it's ability to grow the shoulders. DB pressing is better than barbell pressing but it still recruits so many other muscles it can be hard to really hammer the delts. If your prime goal is overall strength then disregard but if you are more focused on a body builder/aesthetic program then focusing on raises & flys may get you better returns on investment

@cgolordshammer This is great info Thankyou so much man!! I enjoy doing the compounds just because of the strength aspect, of course if you go hard no matter what you will grow!