Post workout help

jaery56

Hi all, I’m hoping to receive some insight and help.
I’m 38 F, have been working out for years, off late though about less than a year after I workout I get a bad cold and a terrible soar throat!
The last week it’s been so bad I lost my voice for a good 3 odd days and had a swollen and itchy throat.
I live in Singapore, letting y’all know this just in case you have any recommendations or remedies from here?
I take vitamin c regularly .
My workout routine would be 30-40 mins treadmill and then 3-5 kg weights or freehand workouts.
Last evening I did an outdoor 9km walk , nothing too strenuous but since the weather was way too humid I was sweating profusely, this morning and tonight again my throat is acting up.
I don’t drink cold stuff for the fear of falling ill all over again, but I do sleep in the aircon @ 22degrees every night.
What am I doing wrong, I’m absolutely frustrated at how I’m ageing!
Do I just carryon despise the illness? Is it temporary?
Exercising keeps me happy and active.
How do I sort this?
Any advice/ suggestions are welcome.
Thank you.

@jaery56 If this happens more when you work out outside, you could be experiencing allergies or a reaction to air pollution. I'd try taking an antihistamine to see if that helps (take it every day for a week, and find one that doesn't give you side effects).

Also, I know that some people are strep carriers, so you might want to make sure you haven't been battling something like strep throat either.

Good luck! I hope you feel better!

@jaery56 I would go to an allergist and have them do a panel test on you to see if there's something in the environment causing this. It could be local flora, it could be moldy HVAC, it could be almost anything.

Also, when deciding whether or not to workout, the rule of thumb is if it is limited to symptoms above the neck, you're ok to workout. If you have any symptoms that are impacting your body (chills, fever, aching) then you need to stay home.

Feel better!