Press progress help

lwoods

Any ideas/program to progress from 24kg to 28kg? Single 24kg RM L 10, R 12, single 28kg RM L 2, R 4/5 reps, single 32kg RM L 0,5, R 3/4 reps. Double 24 RM 9 reps, double 28 RM 2 reps. How to progress to 2x28 or more single reps with 28? Gorilla press maybe?

@lwoods You might think about doing a volume day with the 24s and a heavy day of x sets of singles with the 28s. And/or do push presses with the 28s. Various barbell press programs might be helpful for ideas.

@lwoods I like ladders when I’m trying to increase a low rep count (like two or three). There are a lot of ladder programs out there - Rite of Passage is probably the main one you’ll hear about; it focuses on one KB. Geoff Neupert programs are good too & usually focus on a lot of pressing with doubles.

@wryetui I thought about ROP with 28 or buying 26 but 28 is too heavy right now. Now to the and of the year I am trying soju and tuba supersetted with pull ups. I was doing last two months Total tension complex, ended with press day pyramid of 7 2x24 and squat day pyramid of 6 2x28.

Back