Progressing from double 16s to 24s for C+P

An addendum: I own two 16s, two 24s and two 32s. I built my presses with all of them with LOTS of TGUs and push presses. Consider GTG for the push press in tandem with TGUs until you can do three reps on both sides, and then just run ROP

@lura60 Thanks, this is an interesting idea too! I actually haven’t spent much time on the Turkish get-up, but your discussion of its value alongside the push press definitely makes sense!

@sweetcherryblossom Similar story:

I just finished DFW yesterday with 2x16kg.
I also neglected to test my 1RM with the 16s beforehand, but I did test my 1RM with double 20s (it was 8 reps).
Yesterday, after I finished DFW I tested my RM with double 20s for 10 reps. A small increase, but it's progress.
I also tested with double 24s (2 reps, maybe 3 with my stronger side).

TLDR: I'm glad I have double 20s. I can imagine I'll be using them for a good while now as I'm going to run the Giant. I recommend 2x20kg as a worthwhile investment.

@sweetcherryblossom If you have the money, I'd think about getting two adjustable competition bells.

Then you can gradually step up the weight. By as little as ~ 0.5 kg if you can get a couple of 1.25 lb dumb bell plates.

You can probably sell your current bells and recoup at least some of the expense.

I personally have Bells of Steel and they've been great. I think others have said Kettlebell Kings and Titan are also good. They seem like virtually the same products Although it looked to me like maybe the Titan had fewer larger plates so the jumps would be larger...but nothing like 16 - 24 kg.