Question! Protein goals

marinaamz29

How is everyone meeting their Protein goals?

For reference I am roughly 200 pounds and started back on my fitness journey about six months ago, I’m into the OWYN meal replacement protein shakes or the evolve protein shakes (for on the go) which it can be roughly 30 to 20 g of protein per shake. & use Blessed protein powder when I’m home (double scoop with is 44g of protein) But if my calculations are correct I’m supposed to be eating in between 150 and 180 g of protein daily and I’m finding it tough..

I’m finding myself being full very quickly and then I don’t think about eating again or the protein shakes again. This is from a goal of at least 100g of protein a day.
Idk how I’m going to get in 150g & greens & whatever else I need to survive lol

Any and all pointers or tips are appreciated.. and if you feel like I’m doing something wrong please let me know.. I’m all ears

Update- goal is to loose weight& build muscle
5 foot tall / F/30

For protein goals I’m working with the impression that I should multiple my body weight by .8 & that is my protein goal/ grams to eat daily. Is this correct ?

@marinaamz29 Seconded the LBM recommendation. I am guessing you are good at about 100g of protein a day.

If your goal is weight loss, being in a deficit and building good diet and exercise habits are far more important than your protein number. Focus on those instead : )

@marinaamz29 I'd recommend estimating your body fat percentage using a chart like this one: https://legionathletics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Female-Body-Fat-Percentage-Pictures.png

Personally I like to eat 1.1g protein per lb of LBM. You can try starting out at .8 or .9 g per lb of LBM like others said and see how it goes.

It blows my mind to think of the carnies out there eating like 2 g per lb of total weight, giving themselves cancer and such.

Anyway you'll prob want to integrate things like tofu, seitan, and tempeh into your diet in addition to legumes as they are more protein dense without being large volume. Like 50g protein from tofu will not fill your stomach as full as 50g protein from chickpeas, because it is a smaller volume. Not that I recommend eating 50g protein from tofu in a sitting, because tofu is real high in fat.

@marinaamz29 Peanut butter powder, hemp seeds, and nutritional yeast can add 3-10g of protein with low calories/bulk. I add those to most meals. Silk soy milk (I get organic, unsweetened) is 7g protein in a cup, that’s also a tasty and easy way to add- you can put in your protein smoothie, drink with a snack, or have a glass with dinner

Back