r/PetiteFitness

lafialali

Need help at the last 8 pounds eat over lose weight but eat at a calorie deficit and exercise gain or not lose weight

Hi I’m a 20F 5’1 7st 9lbs to give you a bit of background I’ve lost a stone and half over 2 years completely without exercise. I’m now at the last couple of pounds my goal is 7st to 7st 5lbs I kind of just want to see how I look than start muscle building.

Ok so now that’s been said a few months ago I started going out on long walks every day for about 2/3h I’d burn about 300 to 500 calories i eat 1200 cals with exercise I’d eat over this but within what I burned. This was good for about two months until I hit just under 7st 8lbs I would start to gain or not lose anything until I got frustrated and eat badly such as junk and takeout this lead me into a cycle of gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for months. During this time of me eating badly I’ve noticed when I would eat around 200 over my calories doing no exercise that day and would lose weight.

I’ve recently tried going out on walks again but once I got under 7st 8lbs the same thing would happen again I would not lose but gain even if I eat well that day and exercise and the next until I get frustrated and eat badly

Btw I only keep track of my calories I don’t track my macros I did in the past had some success when I did keto for a month it went well but it was a bit too complicated to stick with at the time and I don have get amount of knowledge on macros

If anyone else has experience this if so what did you do. Also if anyone has any other advice that would be great. Sorry it there is any spelling mistake and formatting I’m on mobile and autocorrect isn’t my friend.

@lafialali It's difficult to keep your weight on the path, you need to teach your body there's where he needs to be. And that's not easy, that's what happens with yo-yo diets.

You're too harsh with yourself, instead of having a desired weight, track about how you feel. I gained weight and I'm doing workout but I'm not discouraged cause I'm doing weight lifting. I know I have more weight but I also know it's muscle, instead of looking at the weight look at your body and how you feel.

The last pounds are the hardest. As an advice I suggest you to gain muscle instead of doing just cardio. Cardio has a lot of benefits but limiting to it means you're just losing fat and also muscle, cause it's not built for muscle build. You can combine both, walking is one of the best cause doesn't interfer with weight training. Doing weight lifting doesn't mean you're going to be bulky, you need a lot of training, protein and track your macros to do that. You can still do weight lifting with your own body if you want, that means you don't need dumbbells. Is an easy way to start toning your body.

Still if you want to have a toned look, still need to do strength training.

If you need any help feel free to reply :)

Back