Rate my results - how is my progress?

eirenopoioi

Hi, fellow cross fitters,

I started CrossFit In August, I was without previous experience in CrossFit, and I had minimal physical activity in the past 7 years.

Today's training was AMRAP with a 15kg/33lb plate

3 min Amrap

9 P.Clean

6 https://P.Press

3 Front Squat with the plate"

1 Min rest

3 Min Amrap

9 Up Down

6 Push-ups

3 Burpee

1 Min Rest

3 rounds each

My results were

10 rounds from the first Amrap and 8 rounds from the second. How is my performance overall after 5 months of training?

Height 6.0 /183cm

Weight 208lb/ 95kg

@eirenopoioi So one round from the first AMRAP had a total of 18 reps.

You did 10 rounds, so 180 reps.

The AMRAP was 3 min, so 180 seconds

So you kept doing 1 rep per second for full 3 minutes.

Are you sure you didn’t miscount by accident?

@leoncb It's definitely not clear and am also confused about the plate part. Is it just a plate or 2 15kg on a barbell. It mentions 3 rounds so I think you do each 3min amrap x 3. Which makes more sense so more like 3 rounds in the 3 minutes.

@jmldn2 It is just a single plate, It is a beginners group so barbells are not yet part of the training.

Yes, 3 min amrap x3 in total we had 6 rounds with a total time of 24 minutes

In total 324 reps for 18 minutes of workout time the other were 6 minutes of rest comes to total of 24 minutes

@eirenopoioi There are different ways of measuring progress when it comes to fitness. What do you want to measure? Weight progression? Speed? Number of rounds in an allotted period of time? Overall endurance?

also, when you say that many reps, some clarification is needed here. I also see that you have 3 min AMRAP but then have 9 reps of power cleans, 6 reps unlisted, 3 front squats, etc.

@dawn16 Yes, 3 min amrap x3 in total we had 6 rounds with a total time of 24 minutes

In total 324 reps for 18 minutes of workout time the other were 6 minutes of rest comes to total of 24 minutes

This were my results.

@eirenopoioi There are different ways of measuring progress when it comes to fitness. What do you want to measure? Weight progression? Speed? Number of rounds in an allotted period of time? Overall endurance?

also, when you say that many reps, some clarification is needed here. I also see that you have 3 min AMRAP but then have 9 reps of power cleans, 6 reps unlisted, 3 front squats, etc.

Back