Realistic expectation for boob loss?

@bettyraene No worries about being blunt!
I actually had two surgeries. First one I got 550cc saline HP unders. Recovery was terrible like 12 on a scale from 1 to 10. Putting those huge things into my tiny body was hard. My PS couldn’t go any larger (we agreed on 500-650cc whatever would fit). The pain meds made me sick so I would skip doses. It wasn’t great. However I was doing better within 5 days and went shopping/walking on day 6 or so.

I had a re-do with lift and internal sutures after having 2 kids and lateral displacement (my left implant was sitting low and going into my armpit sortof). Recovery was a breeeeeze!!! Crazy because a lift is a more invasive surgery, especially with the sutures, but for me it was like nothing. I also had my implants changed to silicone 450cc so now I can actually find clothes and bikinis that fit. Clothed I totally look natural. Blessed but natural. In a triangle it is obvious that they aren’t natural given the shape, but honestly they fit my frame well. No basketball boobs here ;)

@americangirl54 This is going to depend person to person... I wear a 30 DD - 32 D US sizes, and though I get stronger and leaner progressively, I've yet to really lose much breast tissue. I also have more dense tissue than a lot of women. My older sister also does not see a decrease in breast size from weight loss / an increase with gain. Most of my friends lose their breasts to some degree as they lose weight and lower body fat, and see the volume increase if they gain weight / body fat. None of us can tell you where on the spectrum you will fall.

@bettyraene No not that extreme, but definitely going a band size in either direction as I gain, lose. I only notice because I've been doing consistent measurements, some of which are bust & under bust.

Edit: I can't read and thought you said 32D to 38D. Just going from a 32 to a 34 is a whole new cup size?

@jonahsmith3 The cup size itself means nothing in terms of breast size per say (i.e. a D isn't always the same volume of boob on every band size).

The cup size is determined by the difference in band size versus the fullest part of your breast.
  • 1" difference between band measurement and fullest chest = A.
  • 2" difference between band measurement and fullest chest = B.
  • 3" difference between band measurement and fullest chest = C.
  • 4" difference between band measurement and fullest chest = D.
  • 5" difference between band measurement and fullest chest = DD.
So on a small band, a D cup is much smaller in volume than on a large band. Like, I went from a 40C (41" band, 44" around fullest part of chest) to around a 32DD (31" band, 36" around fullest part of chest). My breasts are way smaller now - I lost 8" off the fullest part of my chest. But since I lost faster around my band area (8") my cup size went up, because the difference between my band and the fullest part of my chest increased even though my breasts are smaller.

So if you go from a 36D for instance to a 32D, the actual cup (your breast volume) is smaller at the second size. That would mean the fullest part of your chest went from 40" to 36".

@bettyraene
The cup size is determined by the difference in band size versus the fullest part of your breast.

Holy crap, I never knew that. Thank you! I keep thinking of all the Cosmo articles circa 2003 about how D cup breasts are the size of a grapefruit, C cup and orange, etc. They didn't know shit, haha.

Sounds like I need to go buy a new bra. Or get measured, or something.

@jonahsmith3 A lot of women don't know how a bra works. The next time you're at a store with bras, go look at the smallest band size you can find with a D cup (probably a 30D) then look at a bigger size with a D like a 42D. The cup is waaaaaaaay smaller on the former.

Back