Reasonable workout schedule involving running and lifting?

scribbler546

From 2019 to 2021 dedicated ako sa workout, as in nagi akong lean and slightly muscular. Skinny fat pa rin pero muscular ako tingnan sa tamang damit.

Pero circumstances changed, and back to fat ako. Also had more time back then (pandemic).

So ngayon, I decided to go back to working out. I know I love running, but I also love lifting. Nuon my schedule is:
M,W,F (running)
T Th S (lifting full-body)

Pero ngayon, I don't think I can maintain that schedule. Feeling ko 4x a week lng yung kaya ko dahil sa work ko ngayon. My strength and cardio is also so much much more weaker (so sad).

I also lifted for the first time this 2023. It was half of the weight I once did, but yea, major DOMS.

So, is 1 times running per week okay?
Then 3 times a week lifting.

Ito yung sa tingin kong mamimaintain ko in the long run.

Salamat po mga sasagot.

@scribbler546 What are your goals? If you just want to be generally fit and healthier, then certainly enough na yung 3x gym 1x running. You can even do 2x of each since you mentioned you love running. Meron din something from the military they call “fun run”. Basically running and bodyweight exercises in one workout i.e Run for 400meters then do 10push ups 20 squats etc then repeat for an hour or something.

@tcboomer My main goal right now is to get back on track and bring back that time na hindi talaga ako mapakali kung hindi makapagwork out.

Pero this time I want it to last.

Thank you for the tips!
I don't really go to the gym, nahihiya ako.
I have dumbbells at home.

@scribbler546 Here’s my current sched, it might help you:

Mon - lower

Tue - upper + sports

Wed - rest

Thu - lower + sports

Fri - upper

Sat - sports

Sun - rest

Days with sports has lower volume since i prioritize my sports and i dont want it to be affected negatively by lifting.

So know your priority first, is it to become a good lifter or runner?

Also, start light and slow (in terms of volume). Pwedeng lift 3x a week muna for a month then after a month, introduce +1 running session. After a week, make it two, and so on.