Reasons/motivation to workout

sparklepaws23

I’m looking for reasons that people use as a motivation to workout. Doesn’t have to be major as long as you have a sense of connection to it. Reason for this post is that J have been having issues finding motivation/discipline to workout everyday; so I was wondering if some motivation or shift in perspective could be achieved listening to reasons fellow fitness enthusiasts follow.

@sparklepaws23 My ex dumped me. That was a motivation for me to go to gym because my heart ached a lot, couldn't find a reason to live.

It's been past 1 year. I am totally fine. And with that gym work I had lost 13 kgs of weight in 3 months.

@amber101 Agreed, I see my mother struggling with all of these except the high BMI one and that she is already a type 2 diabetic. Its a pity her arthiritis does not let her do a lot of things comfortably

@sparklepaws23 It's Never too Late! Doing it post medical crisis so my kids can see it's never too late.

Doing it for Me. For the Mental Uplift as well as Transforming Physically.

It's absolutely in my control! Doing it for discipline I am able to get there and do it. Even when I don't feel like it I set a minimal that is "acceptable" to me and I meet that no exceptions to this "rule"!

Quality of Life! I would rather be a geezer that is healthy as opposed to one who is immobile and has to rely on my kids pausing their life to care for me or having strangers do it.

Self Care is Priority One! It's what allows us to be there for others.

@sparklepaws23 Not wanting to buy a whole new wardrobe to match my weight gain and improved health. I kept getting sick, like 3 colds in 2 months, and o realized the shit I eat is not helping my immune system in any way

@sparklepaws23 If I be honest, not having motivation and working out has a greater magnitude of improvement than working out with motivation, avoid working out with earphones/headphones too. I learnt this from David Goggins' book.

@dawn16 I tried that, and realized that it isn’t for me. I need some sorta white noise in the background. Not music necessarily, people talking behind/around me is just as fine. Thanks for sharing