recommendations for vegan bone broth substitutes that have protein??

scarletez

i tried to post in r/vegan but i think it got removed so i’m trying here.. just wondering if any of u have had vegan bone broth that actually has protein and is not just veggie broth, i cannot have ANYTHING with black beans in it so please none of that. i really hope someone can help me!!

@scarletez the answer might be a quick-preparation lentil soup powder.

i boil brown lentils, dry them in the oven, grind them into powder (kinda grainy and i am still trying to figure out how to get it to be finer, but right now i do with it), and now i have a quick-preparation lentil soup powder which i store for later use.

and then to make the soap, i just take the amount of powder i need, add hot water and stir.

protein-wise, this soup counts as a whole portion.

i do this for a few reasons:

1- convenience of use, that is quick preparation + quick consumption.

2- the dry powder has the same protein density as that of the raw lentils, as the moisture is taken out.

3- the speed of absorption is probably still low because this is not an isolate. this is important because it means i can still consume a lot of it in one session and my body will make use of it throughout the day instead of waste it, because that's what I want to do, get all of my daily protein in no more than 2 sessions.

4- i can prepare the powder for many days of consumption and store it dry and it won't go bad.

5- the taste is better than the same lentils when just boiled. has a roasty taste.

Back