Reebok Nano X2 v Nano 2.0?

glorygirl1

What exactly are the differences? Having a lot of trouble narrowing it down unfortunately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Or perhaps suggestions for other brands?

I currently have a pair or X2 and was thinking of getting a second pair (as a rotation). Thank you!!

@glorygirl1 I definitely prefer the 2.0 over the X2.

The 2.0 feels like there is more room in the toe box, flatter and more grounded contact with the floor (4mm heel to toe drop versus 7mm in the X2), and feels lighter overall.

@glorygirl1 The 2.0 is from 2012, it was the second iteration of the Nano

The X2 is the 12th iteration, it came out last year. If you like the X2, grab another pair for sure.

@glorygirl1 People loved the 2.0 for whatever reason, I think they're just a really well rounded shoe. Every time a new shoe came out you'd see people saying things like "it's good but I still prefer the 2.0". So they brought em back.

I never had a pair so I can't comment on them. If you wanna give em a go, now is certainly the time.

@puma150 Thank you so kindly for the information! Looks like I’m gonna roll the dice on them. Another commenter suggested the X3s which also had some of my attention. Thanks again!!

@glorygirl1 The most noticeable difference is the heel drop. 7mm on the X2, only 4mm on the 2.0.

I think the X2 has a better cushion and is more comfortable with the higher impact movements like running, box jumps, and double unders.

The 2.0 feels wider to me in the toe box. If you ever had the nano 6, overall, they feel very similar.

I don't have any experience with the X3s.

I would recommend reading the reviews at https://thatfitfriend.com/reebok-nano-2-review/ or watching his stuff on YouTube. He also does comparisons for similar/competing shoes (e.g. nano vs metcon, or X2 vs X3) that are probably worth checking out.

@yaoshi Thanks for the info! Strongly leaning toward an X2 again but based on the comments I’m also contemplating being the guinea pig for a pair of X3s 😭

@glorygirl1 I’ve heard many good things about the X3. I’ve yet to have a pair myself. If you already have a pair of X2’s then I’d definitely try and get your hands on a pair of 2.0 or X3’s for variety purposes.

I am 100% a CrossFit shoe nerd - I currently I have 55 pairs of trainers and counting haha (which include 4 pairs of the Nano 2.0). I’m hoping to have a pair of X3’s within the next month to test out - I am currently rotating mostly between the Nano 2.0 and Strike Haze shoes (Coming from a master quarterfinals athlete, so take that as you will haha)

Back