Reverse v squat

pinkflower89

Does reverse v squat target quads? When I let the knees travel forward as much as possible it gives me pump similar to hack squat but I have seen somewhere that it train more abductors and glutes. Is it true?

@pinkflower89 It depends on the execution of the movement. Because it’s stabilized, it allows you to either sit your hips way back almost like a good morning and target glutes/hams, or drop your hips straight between your heels to get more knee flexion to target quads.

As a side note, using the v squat in the normal manner with your back against the machine is a dog shit movement. Reverse is much better.

@dnacdwls01 Essentially, doing it the normal way severely limits the amount of actual knee flexion you’re able to achieve on it. Joe Bennett (@hypertrophycoach on ig) does a good job of explaining it with visuals Here

@pinkflower89 @kvolm nailed it! Anything (at least mostly any movement) in which the knees are safely traveling over the feet and you are creating a lot of knee flexion (bending), is going to bias/favor the quads!