S&S - how long did it take you to do the 100 swings in 5 min w/ 24 kg?

pearlgrl13

Howdy y'all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. Seeing all your posts gives me so much motivation. This is genuinely the most wholesome community on Reddit.

For reference, I'm 30M, 80 kg.

After several rounds nds of DFW, ROP, and the wolf at 12 kg, I came back to S&S in May. Started at 16 kg, and quickly progressed to the 24 kg at beginning of June. I have an adjustable bell, so I worked up in 2 kg increments each week after starting with 16 kg.

I've been going at the 24 kg for about 3 months now, with 3 sessions of S&S/wk. After I've done S&S, I'll usually run 5x5 double c&p with 16s and farmer carries as a finisher. On off days I'm doing 5x5-8 pull ups, dips, and squats. I also cycle, jump rope, Ruck, and play tennis at least 2-3x/wk for additional cardio.

I feel like I'm stuck on hitting the 100 swings in 5 mins. Right now I'm timing out at about 6.5 mins and am gassed. Grip and form feels pretty sloppy reps 60-100 if I'm really pushing for time. Surprisingly, the get ups are no problem.

Feel like it is taking an eternity to hit 5 mins on the 100 swings with 24 kg. How long did it take you? What were things you incorporated into your training that helped you break through an S&S platuea? Any suggestions to refocus my training to break through this plateau?

Thank you all for the suggestions and happy swinging!

Edit: typos

@navyservant53 Interesting! Honestly, my heaviest bell is a 24 kg and I don't intend to get a 32 kg anytime soon. Just wanted to hit time at the 24 kg and move back to more C&P centric programs. Will keep this in mind for when I eventually get that 32 and go for simple though