Should I keep bulking or do a recomp at 16 ?

@dnzundah I would recommend going on maintenance for a while. You are still young and developing, so cutting would probably do more harm than good. Eating around your maintenance will feel better than cutting or bulking and won't mess with your enjoyment of food too much. Good luck!

@dnzundah Me personally I would cut down at a conservative rate and then reap the results of my hard work. Probably get down to 12-13%, stay there for the summer months, and then bulk again. Then again, I'm not as experienced as a lot of people here, so maybe their advice should weigh heavier than mine.

@dnzundah 16 bro Id keep that fat, you’re gonna always be able to gain more muscle with a layer of fat as energy compared to cutting. Why cut at 16 years old when your testosterone is raising to its natural peak, I’d suggest just worrying about your overall shape and disregard your bodyfat percentage. You can always cut body fat easily months/years down the road, but you’re not gonna be able to turn back time to when you could have gained more muscle during the bulk. Cutting is WAY easier than bulking, just bulk/maingain as much muscle density as you can/want and worry about the cut in the future broski when you actually have a motivation to get all cut up and peeled.

@dnzundah I've tried maintenance recomping for 5 months at 167cm 69.3kg around 17% body fat according to my smart scale (take that figure with a grain of salt. But I do have lower Abdominal fat and lack vascularity. So I don't think my bf% was low.) And barely noticed much change in my physique. If at all (though I wasn't diligent with taking progress pics). Maybe I was just impatient.

But when you are cutting and bulking, you at least feel like you're accomplishing something and not spinning your wheels. Because the results come sooner. If you drop 1 lb/week, you will lose fat. If you gain even just 1 lb/month, you will gain muscle if you train properly.

That said at 16, you're still growing, you're too young to cut I think. So maybe you should try a maintenance recomp for now.