Simple DFW program questions

jaysj84

I read through the DFW program, but I would like clarification on a few things.

Day 1 is ladder 1, 2, 3. Does that mean I do one clean, press, squat, and then take a break? Then, I do another CPS backed by another CPS from a long cycle clean. Or are they dead cleans? Also, is it C,C P,P S,S or CSP, CSP?

@jaysj84 One clean for every press, one clean for however many squats you have to do.

If you have to do the third rung of a 1,2,3 ladder, what you do is, you clean and press, clean and press, clean and press. Take a break if you need to. Then clean the bell once, and squat three times.

You can make them dead cleans if you want to, but it's not what Neupert had in mind (or he'd have specified it). Up to you.

@jaysj84 A set of one is:
1. One clean & press (both movements together).
1. One front squat.

But note that before the squat, you'll have to clean the bells before. You shouldn't start squatting right after doing the clean&press. You must rest the bells on the floor, clean them and then you do your squat.

So the set of one would actually be: one clean&press + one clean+ one squat.

When you do sets of two, it would be like this:

Two cleans&presses, rest on the floor, one clean, two front squats (you only clean once before the first squat).

@jaysj84 It would be:

1 clean, 1 press, set the bells down

1 clean, 1 squat, set the bells down

1 clean, 1 press, 1 clean, 1 press, set the bells down

1 clean, 2 squats, set the bells down

1 clean, 1 press, 1 clean, 1 press, 1 clean, 1 press set the bells down

1 clean, 3 squats, set the bells down

Repeat

@jaysj84 A lot of people go right into the squats after the clean and presses, with another clean before the squats. As written you do the clean and presses, rest, then the squats, rest. I followed it as written. I used a heart rate monitor and would rest until I got to the upper end of zone 2.

And the program uses the standard kettlebell clean, not the dead clean.

@jaysj84 On the days where you are not doing ladders... is it still a 30 minute workout? And you are just trying to get as many singles, or doubles etc, done within that 30 minutes?