Slow walk on inclined treadmill or brisk walking? What's better?

mineben256

Doing a walk at 3.5 km/hr at level 14 incline or slow jogging/brisk walking at 6.2km/hr to 8 km/hr on flat . Pls tell which would be better.. My aim is to get leaner (lose fat as well as gain muscle but not bulking). I'm already in calorie deficit and doing strength training 4 times a week.
I'd like to incorporate this walk/jog post strength training sessions. What would make more sense to get what I aim for .

P.s: I'm not a beginner in fitness. More in the intermediate category ..

@mineben256 Incline would be more of a leg workout and the jogging would be more of a cardio workout and would probably burn more calories. I do both during the same session. I walk at a steep incline for about 5 mins then put incline at zero and start jogging for 5 mins then repeat.

Yup. Do both or whatever one you like more. When I’m really hitting it I’ll jog for 15-20 minutes, ride a bike for an hour or so, and then get an extra walk in for like 45 minutes at night right before bed.

@mineben256 Doesn't matter... It's cardio either way, it's not gonna build leg muscles if you are doing actual leg work with weights (and if you weren't, it's very minimal what it would build). For calories burned, the difference is a drop in the bucket (don't trust the estimate the machine gives you).

If you're short on time, jog. If you have time, walk as it's easier to do for longer and easier to recover from. On incline, don't hold on to the handles as your making it easier and negating the point of the incline somewhat