Some questions

zxczxczxc

I am 14 starting gym from next month. I did some training at my home with 7.5kg x 2 dumbbells and have decent knowledge about gym since I'm following fitness community from last 1.5 years and my diet gives me approx 80-100 g proteins daily. I am concerned that how people will judge me in the gym for being so young and going to gym. And most probably I'll be the only one this much young there so how can I make some friends and someone to check my form

@zxczxczxc Same thing happened to me, I'm 16 and joined gym a while ago. At first I went for a few days and then didn't go for a month but then slowly i started pushing myself, I didn't focus on doing the workouts properly or learning to use all the machines at first but on getting more comfortable in the gym, trying not to compare myself and make a habit of hitting the gym daily. It'll be hard at first but trust me you've got this and nobody will really judge you everyone comes to improve themselves there and they have their own insecurities too.

Trust me you got this bro

@zxczxczxc Great that you're thinking of starting strength training already. I wish I had started earlier too. Coming to your question... it depends on the kind of city you're in, kind of gym you'll be going to. Tbh if you're from a metro city and join one of the big chains gyms then no one really gives a fuck there. No one cares, everyone is focused on themselves. You shouldn't be concerned about being judged. You aren't committing any crime. You can ask the general trainers to check your form. People will come and give your free advice. Most of which will not be accurate. Its your job to do your own research and apply what you want to. Talking about friends... you'll be able to find many 16-18 yr old boys there.

@zxczxczxc First of all, great decision! I regret not going to the gym in my teens.

People are more concerned about their own bodies in the gym to look at you so don't worry! No one will judge you in the gym. (If they do, they're just a bad person overall, stay away from them)

For help with form, ask the trainer or any muscular guy you see in the gym, they'll be more than happy to help you. If you don't wanna ask other people for form, there are many great YouTube channels you can browse for help - Renaissance Periodization and ScottHermanFitness are my favourites.

And you'll naturally make friends when you talk to people (like asking for advice). Good luck! If you need help with anything else, feel free to DM!

@zxczxczxc I can say this is the perfect age to start calisthenics and master your body weight. You can start lifting weights once you hit 18 or 19 maybe. This is something I wish I did in my teenage years. Trust me lifting weights becomes boring after some time. Calisthenics is so much fun and I'm jealous of people who can move their bodies with so much ease. I knew a guy in college who had a physique like 'Toji Fushiguro' from JJK just from Calisthenics and Martial arts.

@zxczxczxc Nobody cares. I have seen a few young kids in the gym and thought nothing of it. Keep in mind, you are gonna grow because of puberty anyway, so don't get into steroids. Keep everything natural food. Chicken breast is more efficacious and cheaper than protein powder.

Back