Struggling with eating … too many sweets

@messagesoflove I am a recovered alcoholic I hear you bro. I've found that if I do not eat breakfast and don't eat enough during the workday when bedtime comes around I have an insane cravings for sweets I HAVE to feed. However if I start my day with 4 whole eggs and a bowl of rice meal (a good breakfast) and I eat at least two more clean meals at work then at night I have zero sugar cravings.

Your body is starving for nutrition and at night it screams at you until you shut it up with sugar(a drug). Which makes it worse and round and round we go every day. How does one break out of this cycle? With willpower and a fierce genuine desire to progress and live well.

Don't think your way into a new way of acting... instead, act your way into a new way of thinking. Re-read that last sentence and memorize/visualize it, really comprehend it. The actions come first, then the feelings come after. The first few days of practicing new healthy habits I felt like I was literally dying. After about 2 weeks of working out and eating clean daily I felt as if I should have been doing this all along.

Next, invest in a coach or trainer or befriend someone who has successfully done what you want to do.

Message me if you have any questions.

@messagesoflove I’ve had this same issue a lot in the past. I can easily work my body into exhaustion but have problems with the food. Currently I’m finding success in meal prepping. Adding some sweets like a yogurt, kombucha, or chocolate protein shake to just satisfy that craving.

@messagesoflove Don't keep them in the house if it's something you will binge. At the same time, you are allowed to still have treats from time to time,.so keep things in the house you know you won't eat 5000 calories of at once.

Put a time limit on eating. I eat a small (real sugar and fat) sweet treat every night which is not good but it's immediately after dinner and then the kitchen is closed. Do not go back until morning. I lost 10 pounds when I cut out late night snacking.

I also find it helpful to brush my teeth early at night before cravings set back in. Something about the mint and clean mouth help me understand eating is over for the day.

Back