Team Series workouts - Video submissions that don't meet standards

vizon

How strictly will CrossFit HQ judge and score Team Series (or really Open too) workouts that don't meet the movement standards? What will the penalty be for violations like these? Glancing through some of the video submissions, there are major issues with some of the submissions

Guy in the white shirt doesn't get his chin over the bar in any pullup for workout 5

Power snatches, not squat snatches for workout 5

@bebop2000 This isn’t even one of his worst. He had a video where he stopped midway through, clock stopped, the video got noticeably darker, and he kept plugging away like nothing had happened.

Always good for a laugh.

@bebop2000 Oh, my bad. I only glanced at the video. He has another open video with BMU where he's facing the camera. Must have been 16.3.

I felt really bad when I saw the videos of his daughter. She's in tears, clearly not wanting to keep going, and he's forcing her to cheat. Pretty terrible parenting.

@vizon They don’t care at all... I used to review submissions and the vast majority didn’t meet criteria (largely due to being unable to validate reps from terrible camera placement)....

The worst one I remember was a perennial regionals competition from California on a lunges workout had the camera about 50 feet away and view was blocked so you couldn’t see any of the lunge distance markers

They don’t care, especially if you have a judge

@vizon They care zero to none at all, IMO. If they cared, brooke wells would never even have made Regionals. Straight from their mouth, they only look for the individual’s capacity to perform the movements. For example, in the open, you don’t even have to submit video of the workout you did that is the score you entered on the leaderboard! You can film yourself doing that work out after the open, not even getting the same score, but as long as the “capacity”, is there, they don’t care.

@dawn16 Yep. After that I stopped introducing my weights, showing my monitor, or the tape measure. As long as it’s the correct number of reps apparently that’s all that matters.